- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kilpatrick Audio CARBON Sequencer and Performance System
- Write a Review
- J51220 000000000 J51220000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
CARBON is primarily designed as a pattern-based sequencer. It has six tracks that can each hold 64 steps. Steps can be generated randomly, edited int...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Sequencer, performance control system and USB interface.
CARBON is primarily designed as a pattern-based sequencer. It has six tracks that can each hold 64 steps. Steps can be generated randomly, edited interactively, or recorded from a MIDI keyboard one step at a time, or in real time while the sequencer is running. Polyphony and CC recording is supported so each step can contain chords or other performance data.
The real power of CARBON lies in how variations of sequences are made. By turning the PATTERN control, steps in the sequence are enabled and disabled. The patterns will inspire you by creating new rhythms and motifs with the twist of a knob.
Adding the concept of scenes lets you switch between different parts of a song or different variations. Scenes can store the range of steps to play, the pattern, track mute state and other parameters. Switching back and forth between scenes offers endless performance potential without ever missing a beat.
MIDI Switching / Routing System
CARBON is a complete performance switching system allowing you to easily send your keyboard signal to MIDI and analog instruments. Two built-in MIDI outputs enable separate routing of clock and channel signals from each track. The analog section supports four CV/gate outputs plus reset and clock signals. Monophonic and duo/polyphonic output are supported.
A good arpeggiator has been the holy grail electronic performers for decades. CARBON has a powerful internal arpeggiator that supports all the standard arp types and loads more. Each of the six tracks in CARBON has a separate arp.
When the sequence is running the arp automatically syncs to the sequencer. When it's stopped, the arp starts as soon as you press a key. Intelligent reload arp programming allows you time to change chords without losing a step.
USB MIDI Host
Want to use a USB controller that lacks MIDI output ports? No problem! CARBON has a built-in USB host interface that will power your class-compliant MIDI device and allow you to use it to control CARBON or send MIDI or CV/gate signals to any device. You no longer need a computer or other dedicated box to use your favourite USB MIDI controller.
USB to MIDI and CV Interface
Need to use your computer for bigger compositions? Don't worry, you don't have to disconnect CARBON. When plugged into a PC or Mac, CARBON becomes a powerful MIDI and CV interface. Use the control surface to run your DAW software. The display can also be controlled via MIDI. All your instruments connected to the MIDI and analog CV ports can be used directly from your DAW software. The analog clock and reset outputs can also be used to drive analog clock-based gear from your DAW.
- Beautiful color LCD screen shows everything in real-time
- Six rotary encoders and nineteen buttons offer fast intuitive control
- Six tracks with two assignable outputs per track
- Up to 64 steps per track
- Polyphonic tracks store chords and CC data (6 events per step)
- Playback start and end points are uniquely configurable for each track
- Gate pattern function offers quick remixes each track
- Multiple track select allows adjusting multiple track parameters at the same time
- Tap tempo and fractional BPM setting for perfect timing adjustment
- High resolution internal clock source never drifts or jitters
- Swing control with automatic handling of tracks with different time divisions
- Flexible MIDI and CV routing allows huge control possibilities
- Bias tracks allow transposing of other tracks for oldschool sequencer tricks
- Six scenes offer fast parameter changes during live performance
- LIVE mode allows live performance from a keyboard
- Keyboard transpose mode allows transposition during playback
- Internal 2MB flash memory offers storage for 64 songs - Upload and download from Keyboard split and LIVE multi-select modes allow fast and flexible live MIDI routing
- Powerful arpeggiator on every track can be used live or with sequence playback
- Rock-solid MIDI / analog clock source can be the heartbeat of your studio
- Complete open source firmware uses free development tools - ready for your own hacks!
CARBON offers distinct and powerful functions that will change the way you compose and perform. Order one today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.