- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg RK-100S2 Keytar Synthesizer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72988 000000000 L72988000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
By popular demand, the RK-100 returns in a big way as the KORG RK-100S2. The RK-100S2 features all the modern updates of the RK-100S, but with a ref...Click To Read More About This Product
Explore new sounds and playability with this powerful, revamped keytar.
By popular demand, the RK-100 returns in a big way as the KORG RK-100S2. The RK-100S2 features all the modern updates of the RK-100S, but with a refined structural design that improves rigidity. Plus, the 100S2 offers an artisanal wooden body in a finish that accentuates its wood grain. First appearing in 1984, the KORG RK-100 remote keyboard broke the chains of keyboardists, setting them free to perform as they liked. The RK-100S, released in 2016, allowed you to further explore the stage by adding modern components, like a built-in analog modeling sound generator that eliminated the need for an external sound module, plus a slim keyboard that made it more compact and lightweight. Numerous sounds ideal for solo performance have been added to the RK-100S2, which will fit instantly into any musician’s stage performance.
Clear finish that beautifully shows the woodgrainThe greatest attraction of the RK series is its beautiful body shape that removes the constraints of traditional keyboards. The wooden body of the RK-100 was strongly influenced by guitars. Its design offered both strength and softness to generate enduring playability. The RK-100S2 further progresses this attention to detail. It features a clear finish that lets the woodgrain show. Although it is an electronic instrument, each individual unit is finished with careful attention, making it an instrument with a distinctively unique presence.
Newly featured programs that shine with presence for soloingThe renewed RK-100S2 significantly expands the built-in programs. In particular, KORG strengthened its complement of lead synth sounds and other solo sounds that let the musician shine. They have added many of the latest, providing 200 stage-ready presets to cover all modern genres. The sounds emitted from this compact body are supremely powerful. These sounds can be instantly accessed during live performance by using the favorite buttons on the top panel. Also provided is an arpeggiator with a diverse range of patterns.
37-note slim keyboard that's easy to playKORG has focused on making this mini-keyboard uncompromisingly playable. The RK-100S2 uses an acclaimed 37-note slim keyboard. While keeping the overall size compact and lightweight.
Two ribbon controllers expand your performance possibilitiesThe KORG 100S2 is designed for your aggressive performance style. It features two ribbon controllers that you can use to dynamically modify the sound. The short ribbon provided on the neck area lets you control the pitch bend and modulation that are indispensable for keyboard performance. The long ribbon located on the keyboard area can be used to control the pitch or filter. You can use this to create bold and smooth sweeps for sustained sounds. Furthermore, it supports scale performance in which notes can be sounded simply by touching the ribbon, giving you free scope for unconventional performances that would not be possible with standard keyboard playing.
Battery operation with long operating lifeThe RK-100S2 can be powered by six AA batteries. Simply connect headphones to the instrument or use a cable to connect it to an amp and you're ready to start playing just like a guitarist. Since up to eight hours of continuous operation are possible, you can concentrate on your performance without having to bother with power cables on stage. Of course, you can also use a separately sold AC adapter if you like.
Vocoder function adds an accent to your stage performancesThe monaural mini-input jack accommodates mic input, so you can connect a headset mic and enjoy full-fledged vocoder playing. You can also connect a smartphone or tablet as an external source input, and have fun playing along with your favorite songs.
A great choice as a master keyboardThe RK-100S2 is not limited to playing its preset sounds. It is equipped with a MIDI output connector and USB port. So, you can also use it to play a soft synth or an external hardware sound module. Its elegant looks also make it a great choice as a master keyboard.
You can use the PC editor to download detailed settings for MIDI and the internal sound engine from the KORG website via USB.
A full complement of accessories, including a soft caseIncluded with the RK-100S2 are a guitar-style strap that you'll need for performing, a dedicated soft case and an elegant logo sticker.
- Clear finish shows the beautiful woodgrain
- New programs that emanate powerful presence when soloing
- 37-note slim keyboard for easy playability
- Two ribbon controllers to broaden your performance potential
- Battery operation allows long operation time
- Vocoder function lets you accent your staging
- Also a great choice as a master keyboard
- A full range of accessories, including a soft case, batteries, strap and more
Explore the stage like never before with this updated keytar. Order today.
- Keyboard: 37-keys (Slimkey, velocity sensitive, no after touch)
- Sound Generation System: MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology)
- Number of timbres: Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
- Polyphony: Maximum 8 voices (Maximum 4 voices when the vocoder is selected)
- Synth: 2 oscillator + noise generator
- Oscillator 1
- Waveform: SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE, FORMANT, NOISE, PCM/DWGS, AUDIO IN
- Modulation: WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPMModulation: WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPM
- Oscillator 2
- Waveform: SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE
- Modulation: RING, SYNC, RING+SYNC
- WAVE SHAPING
- WS type: DRIVE, DECIMATOR, HARDCLIP, OCT SAW, MULTI TRI, MULTI SIN, SUB OSC SAW, SUB OSC SQU, SUB OSC TRI, SUB OSC SIN, LEVEL BOOST
- Multi-mode filters
- Filter 1: -24 dB/oct LPF–-12 dB/oct LPF–HPF–BPF–Thru
- Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF F
- Vocoder: 16-band vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each band, Formant Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Timbre: 2-band EQ
- Master effects 17 effect algorithm Master effects
- Arpeggiator: UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger (6 types), Step Arpeggiator function
- Programs: 200 programs
- AUDIO INPUTS/OUTPUTS
- Input: Input jack (Mono dynamic mic, Line input)—intended for a mono dynamic microphone which doesn’t require power, this jack can also be used as a line input
- Input select switch
- MIC1: Mic (Non Powered) [Gain Low]
- MIC2: Mic (Non Powered) [Gain High]
- LINE: Line Input (mono L-ch input)
- Connector type: mono mini jack
- Output: Output jack (Headphone, Stereo, Line out)
- Maximum output: 25mW + 25mW @ 33 ohms load
- Connector type: φ6.3 mm, stereo phone jack
- MIDI: OUT
- USB: Type B
- Display: 7-segment LEDs, 3 digits
- Power Supply: Six AA battery (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride), or Optional AC adapter (DC 9 V)
- Battery Life: Approx. 8 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 838 x 263 x 72 mm/ 32.99" x 10.35" x 2.87"
- Weight: 3.15 kg/ 6.94 lbs. (included batteries)
- Included Items: Manual, Sticker, Strap, Soft Case, AA alkaline Battery x6 (for verifying operation)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.