- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg wavestate Sequencing Synthesizer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72929 000000000 L72929000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Developed by KORG R&D, who created the original Wavestation and co-created the OASYS and Kronos, the next-gen KORG wavestate synthesizer delivers...Click To Read More About This Product
37-Key Compact Synth, Wave Sequencing 2.0 Engine, 64 Stereo Voices, Gigabytes of Samples, Programmable Mod Knobs, Modeled Filters, Expansive Collection of Effects
Developed by KORG R&D, who created the original Wavestation and co-created the OASYS and Kronos, the next-gen KORG wavestate synthesizer delivers compelling sound design with deep flexibility and intuitive hands-on control. Featuring powerful Wave Sequencing 2.0, the wavestate serves up organic, unexpected sounds we at Musician’s Friend find extremely exciting and inspiring. We also find that wavestate’s compact 37-key form-factor fits well into any desktop, stage or studio setup. Add in gigabytes of samples, plus a bevy of superb filters and effects, and you have a synth that is as powerful as it is versatile.
Wave sequences re-imaginedThe original Wavestation created catchy patterns, but they repeated the same pattern over and over again. The wavestate’s Wave Sequencing 2.0 enables you to create more organic-sounding sequences. The Wave Sequencing 2.0 engine splits apart the timing, the sequence of samples and melody, so each can be manipulated independently. New characteristics also added include shapes, gate times and step sequencer values. Each of these is a “Lane,” and each Lane can have a different number of steps, plus its own start, end and loop points. You can also modulate each Lane’s start, end, and loop points separately for every note, using velocity, LFOs, envelopes, Mod Knobs, or other controllers.
Every time the sequence moves forward, the individual Lanes are combined to create the output. For example, you can take a sample and match it with a different duration, pitch, shape, gate length and step sequence value every time it plays. Lanes can also randomize the step order every time they play, with real-time control over the range of included steps. Individual steps can be randomly skipped, and you can control the probability from 0–100%. Four onboard arpeggiators can interact with wave sequences for even more possibilities.
Expressive, hands-on controlThe wavestate puts intuitive, real-time control at your fingertips. All the basics, including filter, envelopes, LFOs and effects, have dedicated controls on the front panel of the KORG wavestate. Plus, eight programmable Mod Knobs allow you to use the knobs in real-time performance, and also save the results as new sounds. Plus, the Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels and Vector Joystick serve up multiple dimensions of real-time expression. Almost all front-panel knobs, and most on-screen parameters, can also be modulated. Mod Processors let you transform modulation signals using quantization, smoothing, curvature and more. You can even modulate settings for individual wave sequence steps.
For even more inspiration, use the dedicated front-panel “dice” button, which generates new sounds via intelligent randomization. Randomize the entire sound or just a part of it, such as the filter, the Sample Lane, or the effects. You can use the results as is or use them as a starting point and build your own creations.
Massive sample library, 64 stereo voicesThe wavestate’s sample library has gigabytes of great-sounding raw material for wave sequences, including samples from Plugin Guru, a selection from the Kronos and Krome libraries, and newly developed KORG samples. KORG also provides all of the original Wavestation’s samples (including all options), plus a huge library of Wavestation wave sequences. Play up to 64 stereo voices with pristine clarity, using KORG’s anti-aliasing sample playback technology.
Filters and effectsIf you want to add vintage character to your sounds, the wavestate has you covered. The compact synth comes with aggressive, vintage-style MS-20 Lowpass and Highpass filters, plus the strong Polysix Lowpass. Shape and refine with a full collection of resonant 2-pole and 4-pole Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and Band Reject filters. If you’re looking for something more outside the box, use KORG’s unique Multi Filter, which creates modulatable blends of multiple modes simultaneously.
The wavestate’s superb effects deliver production-ready sounds, and you can use up to 14 simultaneously. Each Layer has three dedicated effects and Performance also adds master reverb and parametric EQ controls. Along with standards such as compressors, EQs, choruses, flangers, phasers and stereo delays, you’ll find distinctive processors such as the Wave Shaper, Talking Modulator, Reverse Delay, Multiband Mod Delay and Overb (from the OASYS), plus modeled effects including VOX guitar amps, VOX wah, multi-head tape echo, and a collection of time-honored stompboxes.
With the wavestate, you can layer up to four Programs together in a Performance–each with their own effects and arpeggiator—for even more rich and complex results. The Vector Envelope and Joystick mix the individual voices of the four Layers, and can also modulate any other parameters.
- Wave Sequencing 2.0 offers players organic, ever-changing sounds
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys and a host of hands-on control for intuitive
- 64 stereo voices and gigabytes of samples for never-ending inspiration
- Classic and modeled effects and filters deliver production-ready polish
- Set Lists organize your Performances for instant access at rehearsal or gigs
- Smooth Sound Transitions allow previously-played voices and effects to continue to ring out naturally, even once a new sound has been selected
Grab this mind-blowingly powerful synth. Order today.
- 37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Sound generating system:
- Wave Sequencing 2.0
- Maximum Polyphony:
- 64 stereo voices
- Ships with over 240 Performances, 740 Programs, and 1,000 Wave Sequences
- Storage for tens of thousands of user Performances
- Performance: 4 Layers, Reverb, EQ; all edits are stored in the Performance, DAW-style (saving as separate Programs, Wave Sequences etc. is supported but not required)
- Layer: Program, Arpeggiator, Key and Velocity Zones
- Program: Wave Sequence, Filter, Amp, Pre FX, Mod FX, Delay
- 2-pole LPF, 2-pole HPF, 2-pole BPF, 2-pole Band Reject, 4-pole LPF, 4-pole HPF, 4-pole BPF, 4-pole Band Reject, Multi Filter, MS-20 LPF, MS-20 HPF, Polysix
- Controllers: Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Vector Joystick X/Y, 8x Program/Performance Mod Knobs
- Other Sources: 3x Envelopes, Vector Envelope, 3x LFOs, 2x Mod Processors, 2x Key Track, Step Sequencer Lane, Step Pulse, Tempo, Program/Performance Note Count, Program/Performance Voice Count, Poly Legato, Velocity, Exponential Velocity, Release Velocity, Gate/Gate+Damper, Note-On Trigger/Note-On Trigger+Damper, Note Number, Aftertouch/Poly Aftertouch (external MIDI only), MIDI CCs +/-, MIDI CCs +
- Destinations: Most parameters can be modulated, including parameters of individual Wave Sequence Steps. Depending on Wave Sequence length, there can be more than 1,000 potential modulation targets per Program.
- Pre FX: Decimator, Graphic EQ, Guitar Amp, Modern Compressor, Parametric EQ, Red Compressor, Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Wave Shaper
- Mod FX: Black Chorus/Flanger, Black Phase, CX-3 Vibrato Chorus, EP Chorus, Harmonic Chorus, Modern Chorus, Modern Phaser, Orange Phase, Polysix Ensemble, Small Phase, Talking Modulator, Vintage Chorus, Vintage Flanger, Vintage/Custom Wah, Vox Wah
- Delay: L/C/R Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, Reverse Delay, Stereo/Cross Delay, Tape Echo
- Reverb: Early Reflections, Overb
- Performance EQ: 4-band parametric EQ
- Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack)
- OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks)
- DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack)
- MIDI IN and OUT connectors
- USB B port
- AC adapter (DC12V, 2500mA)
- 5 W
- Dimensions (W × D × H):
- 565 × 338 × 93 mm/22.24” × 13.31” × 3.66”
- 2.9 kg/6.93 lbs.
- AC adapter, Precautions, Quick Start Guide
- DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch
- * All product, company, and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- * Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.