Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Moog Subsequent 25true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Moog Subsequent 25$849.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Moog's paraphonic ultra-compact analog synthesizer
Designed for portability and powerAs Moog's most compact keyboard synth, the Subsequent 25 was made to fit into any playing, recording or creative situation imaginable. But that tiny size in no way compromises the powerful sonic sound design tools you have available. Based on the Subsequent 37, with Moog's signature deep, powerful bass and harmonically complex lead sound, as well as dynamic analog percussion, Subsequent 25 puts serious analog synth power at your fingertips. Whether you're stacking all three oscillators in Unison Mode for a bass sound that shakes the floor, or taking advantage of its paraphonic capabilities in Duo Mode, there's never a doubt that the Moog Subsequent 25 came to play. When it comes to integrating with the rest of your rig, you can interface with DIN or USB MIDI, 4 CV inputs or go old-school with the semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive, updated fast-action 25-keybed.
A legendary filter and moreMoog's filter sections have always been among the finest and the revised Ladder Filter in the Subsequent 25 is no exception. Moving beyond the Sub Phatty filter design, the new filter uses reshaped gain staging to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression for supremely rich low-end tones. The Multidrive FX circuit combines OTA distortion and FET drive for a variable multi-stage section that can take you from a light overdrive to seriously over the top distortion. Combined with the Ladder Filter and the headroom-optimized Mixer Section, your Subsequent 25 is cabable of a huge range of both classic and modern synth tones.
Patches you can depend onWhen you first turn on your Moog Subsequent 25, you'll find that the internal Patch memory contains 16 expertly programmed patches, created expressly for the synth. With these you can begin creating immediately, then use the existing presets to explore the 32 front panel knobs to tweak them, or design your own analog sound library from scratch. Since more is always better, you can use Moog's free editor/librarian software for Windows and MacOS to create and recall as many patches you can imagine.
Tweak or practice anytimeWhen you're just dialing in sounds or practicing songs and want to keep it private, the Subsequent 25's redesigned high-powered headphone amplifier is just the thing. Plug into the independently controlled front-panel jack and it will drive even the most demanding pair of cans to full-range glory. Just be careful with your ears. The more you play your Moog Subsequent 25, the more you'll want them.
We, along with a lot of others, have been overjoyed with the resurgence of analog synthesis over the past years and with Moog's continuing contribution to the state of the analog art. New methods of digital control of analog circuits have brought new life and expanded capabilities to the hardware, and thousands of new analog enthusiasts have been making exciting music as a result. If you've been looking to add an analog synth to your existing rig, or expand the capability of the analog synth gear you already have, we think the Subsequent 25 is a choice you won't regret.
Twice the headroom of the Sub Phatty for access to a new range of classic clean tones in mono and duo modes
- Reshaped gain staging in the Ladder Filter to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression, resulting in an overall richer low end
- Re-tuned Multidrive circuit that extends well beyond the original grit and growl of the Sub Phatty
- Updated presets that have been optimized to take full advantage of the Subsequent 25’s upgraded circuitry
- Upgraded keybed for improved playability
- Redesigned, high-powered headphone amplifier strong enough to drive the most demanding headphones
- Free Editor/Librarian software for Windows and Mac (plug-in or standalone)
Join the analog synth revolution with the ultra-compact Moog. Order yours today.
Subsequent 25 Specifications:UNDER-THE-HOOD FUNCTIONS:
- Each function is accessible from the Subsequent 25 front panel, free software Editor/Librarian or via MIDI
- Mono/Duo Mode
- Duo Osc 2 Priority
- Filter Velocity Sensitivity
- Volume Velocity Sensitivity
- Ext. Audio Level
- Osc 2 Beat Frequency
- VCO Gate Reset
- LFO Gate Reset
- Pitch Bend Up Amount
- Pitch Bend Down Amount
- Glide Legato
- Glide Type
- Filter Poles
- Wave Mod. Destination
- LFO KB Tracking
- LFO Range
- Filter EG Reset
- Amp EG Reset
- Gate On/Ext.
- MIDI Ch. In
- MIDI Ch. Out
- Local Control
- 14-Bit MIDI Output
- MIDI Path In
- MIDI Path Out
- MIDI Merge DIN
- MIDI Merge USB
- Sound Engine Type(s): Analog (2 x Oscillators, 1 x Sub Oscillator, 1 x Noise Generator)
- Number of Keys: 25
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted, Velocity-Sensitive
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic
- LFO: Triangle, Square, Sawtooth, Ramp, Sample & Hold
- Filter: Moog Ladder Filter with 6/12/18/24 dB per Octave Slopes
- Number of Presets: 16 (4 Banks of 4)
- Effects Types: Multidrive
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (ext in)
- Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Other I/O: Filter CV in, Pitch CV in, Volume CV in, KB Gate in
- Software: Plug-in and standalone editor and librarianfor Mac/PC
- Power Supply: 110V AC-240V AC (Internal)
- Height: 6.75"
- Width: 20.25"
- Depth: 14.75"
- Weight: 16 lbs.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.