Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT(12/9 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
SUN(12/10 only) 6 AM - 6PM PT
MOTU MIDI Express XT USB Interfacetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
8-in/8-out MIDI interface, patchbay, and merger with time code synch
The Express XT provides 8 MIDI IN, 9 MIDI OUT, 128 MIDI channels and compatibility with all Mac and Windows software. Sixteen convenient, one-touch presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable) give you instant front-panel access to multiple operational configurations.
The included ClockWorks console software for Mac OS X and Windows provides comprehensive MIDI routing, merging and muting.
As a professional-grade SMPTE time code synchronizer, the Express XT converts and stripes SMPTE in all frame formats (23.976, 24, 25, 29.97 drop and non-drop, and 30). SMPTE "jam sync" with adjustable freewheeling provides glitch-free sync.
The Express XT also supports MIDI Machine Control (MMC), with the ability to serve as either an MMC master or slave. The Express XT can distribute MMC transport commands to all other connected MMC devices.
Connect a foot switch to the convenient front-panel pedal input and then program it to generate MIDI data when pressed. Send the data to any connected devices. For example, you could send MIDI patch changes to synths and sound modules during live performance.
The MIDI Express XT takes full advantage of USB, giving you high-speed MIDI throughput, sub-millisecond timing accuracy, support for "hot-swapping" and plug-and-play expansion. Need to connect another sound module or synth? No problem. Just add another MOTU USB MIDI interface via any available USB port. And the Express XT's internal international power supply delivers reliable performance and professional operation.
- Merge any inputs to any outputs
- Route any inputs to any outputs
- Mute any MIDI data on any cable
- Re-channelize on input and output
- SMPTE time code (LTC) generater and reader
- Converts LTC to MIDI Time Code (MTC) to sync a Mac, PC or any other devices to SMPTE time code
- Converts all SMPTE frame rates (23.976, 24, 25, 29.97 drop, 29.97 non-drop, 30)
- Stripes SMPTE time code in all frame rates (23.976, 24, 25, 29.97 drop, 29.97 non-drop, 30)
- Converts MIDI Time Code to SMPTE time code
- SMPTE "Jam Sync" with adjustable freewheeling for dropout-free sync
- Supports MIDI Machine Control - serves as either an MMC master or slave, distributes MMC transport commands to all other MMC devices
No other MIDI interface offers this much value and performance at such an affordable price.
MIDI Express XT USB Interface Specifications:
- Custom-designed VLSI technology
- Front panel buttons and LED's for choosing presets (8 factory, 8 user)
- Front panel SMPTE stripe button
- Front panel SMPTE lock and tach LED's
- Status lights for MIDI IN/OUT and computers
- Front panel MIDI IN and OUT ports
- Panic button
- 17 MIDI connectors
- 2 SMPTE quarter-inch phone (line level)
- 1 pedal quarter-inch phone input
- 1 IEC power connector (switchable 115V - 220V)
- Includes: Software console for Macintosh and Windows, power cord, USB cable
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears: 19 — 7 — 1.75 inches (48.26 — 17.78 — 4.45 cm). With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.