Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Open-Box Yamaha CP88 88-Key Digital Stage Piano Condition 3 - Scratch and Dent 194744605024true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Open-Box Yamaha CP88 88-Key Digital Stage Piano Condition 3 - Scratch and Dent 194744605024
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Realistic sounds and a professional piano feel.
Yamaha Premium Acoustic Grand Pianos
CP88 features three premium concert grand pianos: the Yamaha CFX, Yamaha S700 and the Bösendorfer Imperial 290. These pianos provide full dynamic expression and nuance through meticulous recording and voicing.
[ CFX ] With over 17 years of development, the Yamaha CFX is our flagship 9’ concert grand piano. The CFX offers sparkling highs, powerful bass with incredible dynamic range and the strength to project over a full symphony orchestra.
[ Bösendorfer ] Bösendorfer is unique amongst piano makers as the only manufacturer in the world still utilizing the Viennese handcrafted design tradition. This produces warm bass, singing treble and rich tonal colors known as the “Viennese Sound.” The 9.5’ 8-octave Imperial 290 is the flagship of Bösendorfer grand piano. The extended bass notes resonate with every key you strike, and the massive soundboard supports projection at all frequencies.
[ S700 ] The S700 is a handcrafted acoustic grand piano built by Yamaha master artisans. It has the power to cut through dense arrangements while remaining delicate and expressive in solo and sparse settings. The S700 was one of the most popular grand piano Voices from the S90ES and S90 stage synthesizer.
Yamaha Acoustic Upright Piano
[ U1 ] The UI is the most popular upright piano in the world. The CP88 U1 Voice features a vintage, well-used character. This makes it perfect for any music needing the vibe and sound of an authentic upright piano.
[ SU7 ] The SU7 is the flagship Yamaha acoustic upright piano. The SU7 delivers rich, resonant tone from shared CFX concert grand hammer specification.
Electric Pianos & Keyboards
[ Yamaha CP80 ] Yamaha introduced the CP80 and CP70 electric grand pianos in 1978 to give musicians great grand piano sound that could cut through a live band. The CP80 sound on the CP88 is powerful and fat with wide, dynamic range.
[ 76 Rd ] The 76 Rd tine electric piano has wide dynamic range, high quality and is great for FX. Suitable for all genres of music.
[ 75 Rd ] 75 Rd has a dirtier,“funkier” tine electric piano sound, great for music requiring vibe and character.
[ 73 Rd ] 73 Rd has a vintage, fat and warm tine electric piano sound perfect for ballads and accompanying singers.
[ Wr ] The Wr reed electric piano Voice offers vintage and modern versions with wide dynamic range.Organs, Clavi and Keyboards: CP88 also features a wide range of other keyboard sounds including: tonewheel, transistor and pipe organs plus clavi, FM pianos and more to cover any playing situation.
Synths, Strings and more
CP88 features synth sounds for covering any gig or session. Split, layer or solo warm pads, lush strings, deep synth basses, synth leads, brass and more. The one to one CP control interface allows real-time interaction for instant sound creation.
CP88 features an extensive, integrated effects section for creating your own, unique sound. Each of the three sections (Piano section, Electric piano section and Sub section) features dedicated effects. There are also master effects with delay, reverb and master EQ with dedicated controls for easy, real-time tweaking.
VCM (VIRTUAL CIRCUITRY MODELING) Effects
Virtual Circuitry Modeling re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors by modeling the circuits down to the original analog component level.
Authentic Touch and Feel
CP88: Fast, responsive keyboard action designed for piano players
CP88 features an 88-key Natural Wood, Graded Hammer, triple sensor (NW-GH) keyboard with Synthetic Ebony and Ivory Key Tops – the fastest stage piano action on the market designed by a company with over 100 years of acoustic piano-making experience for professionals who demand the best.
Natural Wood keys offer the weight and response that piano players expect. Adding different weight or "grading," the keyboard reproduces the feel of a piano's hammers: heavy in the low end and light in the high end. Synthetic Ebony and Ivory Key Tops are lightly porous which adds grip to the keys. This maintains accuracy during long performances or practice sessions.
Finally, a third sensor allows grand piano-like key repetition where notes can be re-articulated without a complete release. This makes it easier to play fast, repeated notes and is one of the main reasons pianists choose grand pianos over uprights.
Direct, immediate and total sound control
With its one-to-one interface, CP gives you direct, immediate and total control of your sound during stage or studio performance. There’s no programming, menu-diving or web searching with CP. The intuitive CP interface allows fast and easy splits, layers and sound-shaping directly from the front panel.
CP88 connects and integrates into your home studio or live rig with onboard USB MIDI and audio connectivity.
- CP88 stage pianos feature a wide range of sounds for playing any music genre
- Keyboard action designed and informed by over 100 years of acoustic piano-making
- Built to withstand the rigors of the road and extremely intuitive to use
- Among the lightest and most compact instruments in its class, weighing just 41 pounds
It's time to upgrade. Order today.
CP88 88-Key Digital Stage Piano Specifications:Control Interface
- Number of keys: 88
- Type: NW-GH (Natural Wood Graded Hammer) keyboard: synthetic ebony and ivory keytops
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM2
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Number of Voices: 57 (Piano: 10 / E. Piano: 14 / Sub: 33)
- Delay: 2 types (Analog, Digital)
- Reverb: 1 type (Hall)
- Master EQ: 3 bands (with sweepable MID)
- Insertion Effect: Piano: 2 systems (1: Damper Resonance / 2: Compressor, Distortion, Drive, Chorus), E. Piano: 3 systems (1: Drive / 2: Auto Pan, Tremolo, Ring Modulator, Touch Wah, Pedal Wah, Compressor / 3: Chorus1, Chorus2, Flanger, Phaser1, Phaser2, Phaser3), Sub: 1 system (Chorus/Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Tremolo, Distortion)
- Line Out: OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks, UNBALANCED), OUTPUT [L]/[R] (XLR jacks, BALANCED)
- Headphones: [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack)
- Foot Controller: FOOT CONTROLLER /, FOOT SWITCH [SUSTAIN]/[ASSIGNABLE]
- MIDI: MIDI [IN]/[OUT]
- USB: USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE]
- AUX: INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)
- Connectors: [AC IN]
- Display: Full Dot LCD (128 x 64 dots)
- Additional package contents: Owner’s Manual x 1, Power cord x 1, Foot pedal (FC3A) x 1
- Width: 1,298 mm (51-1/8")
- Height: 141 mm (5-9/16")
- Depth: 364 mm (14-5/16")
- Weight: 18.6 kg (41 lb, 0 oz)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.