Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Polyend Play Sampler and Grooveboxtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Sequence, perform, play.
- Pick and place—find your sound among over 3,000 included samples and place it anywhere on the grid to start building your tracks
- Select and adjust—easily adjust step parameters independently with familiar sample-based controls at your disposal
- Make each track your own with 35 different play modes, Chance and Action Combo, Randomizer and Step Repeater functions
- Utilize the Smart Fill option to automatically fill any area you choose with an entire beat, a random placement of steps, or even a Euclidean spread
- Quickly move data around, such as Steps, Tracks, Track Pages, Variations and Patterns, with simple selection and copy/paste controls
- Keep it musical with scale filtering, allowing only notes within the selected scale to be outputted by the entire sequence
- Perform mode allows you to make nondestructive changes to your tracks, via performance effects including Tune, Filter, Overdrive, Rearranger, Reverb, Delay and much more
- Live record automation or change individual step values on the fly and even record mono or polyphonic MIDI from an external controller or onboard keyboard
- Customizable pattern chaining allows you to map out entire sequences anywhere on the grid and perform them live
- Reverb, Delay, Sound Enhancer, Limiter and Saturator master effects are included to spice up your entire mix
- Instantly Save and Recall patterns—perfect for when things go wrong during a live performance
- Eight internal audio tracks and eight individual polyphonic MIDI tracks combine for powerful integration with your existing instruments
- Over 30,000 track variations are available—that’s 128 Patterns holding 16 tracks, with each individual track holding up to 16 variations
- Each track can benefit from independent lengths (1 to 64 steps), different BPM-related speeds, playback modes and even swing values—perfect for polymetric and polyrhythmic sequences
- Control your synths and drum machines on individual tracks with the ability to output a separate set of MIDI values per track
- Full MIDI capabilities with flexible MIDI CC mapping per track for the individual rotary knobs, and you can connect an external controller for MIDI note input
- You can also output chords, arpeggios, program and bank changes, pitch bend, clock and much more
- Split-screen display with 15 touch-capacitive knobs that can be tapped once to select and preview a parameter, or twice to switch between upper- and lower-screen values
- 16x8 step sequencing grid complemented with a 4x8 control grid for Mute, Solo, Variation, Select and Keyboard note input
- MIDI ins and outs via 3.5 mm jacks (MIDI DIN adapter included)
- MicroSD card slot (16GB card included)
- Runs on 5V/1A via USB-C and can be powered from a power bank for getting out and about
- Free, regular firmware updates
Order the Play sampler and groovebox now.
Play Sampler and Groovebox Specifications:Technical
- Internal audio tracks: 8
- Polyphonic MIDI tracks: 8
- Variations per track: 16
- Patterns per project: 128
- Independent track Speed, Length, Swing
- Advanced Randomizer
- Unique Step Repeater
- Chance-action combo
- DJ-style filter
- Master FX (Reverb, Delay, Sound, Limiter, Saturation)
- Unique Perform Mode with tons of presets
- High-quality sample packs included
- 5V/2A USB powered over USB-C
- Easily powered by a portable power bank, computer or the included wall adapter
- MIDI in and out (MIDI DIN to MIDI Mini adapter included)
- 1/8" stereo output (1/8" to 1/4" stereo splitter cable included)
- Includes 16GB Micro SD card with Micro SD to USB adapter
- Sturdy anodized aluminum faceplate
- High-quality mechanical keys and silicone pads
- High-resolution screen
- Durable encoder and potentiometers
- 1/8" stereo out
- 1/8" MIDI on
- 1/8" MIDI out
- USB‑A power adapter
- USB-C cable (2 m)
- Stereo 3.5 mm to 2 mono 6.3 mm adapter
- Mini jack to MIDI DIN adapter (Type B)
- 16GB MicroSD card
- MicroSD to USB-A adapter
- Dimensions, with knobs (HxWxD): 1.3" x 11.02" x 8.15"
- Weight: 2.65 lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.