- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland RD-2000 88-Key Digital Stage Piano
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J50345 000000000 J50345000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Roland RD-2000 digital piano is the ideal instrument for modern creativity. It is the flagship model in Roland’s RD stage piano series. The 88-ke...Click To Read More About This Product
Industry-standard stage piano with extensive modern control.
- Roland RD-2000 walk-through : Overview
- Roland RD-2000 walk-through : Vintage Electric Piano sound preview
- Roland RD-2000 walk-through : Vintage Effects sound preview
- Roland RD-2000 walk-through : 8-Zone demo
- Roland RD-2000 Digital Stage Piano
- Roland RD-2000 piano performance by Berenice Scott
- The Roland RD-2000, Acoustic sound preview by Myron McKinley
- Roland RD-2000's Vintage electric piano sound preview by Kola Bello
- Peter Gordeno's Impression of the Roland RD-2000
The Roland RD-2000 digital piano is the ideal instrument for modern creativity. It is the flagship model in Roland’s RD stage piano series. The 88-key RD-2000 boasts two independent sound engines and future-thinking MIDI controller features. This makes it an ideal instrument for the stage and the studio. It even has Roland’s best progressive hammer-action keyboard. It is one of the most advanced actions ever found in a stage piano. This gives you a natural playing experience similar to a real acoustic piano.
The RD-2000 sounds are some of the best that Roland has ever created. Including realistic acoustic and electric piano tones. The overall modern design makes the RD-2000 the ideal centerpiece of your setup. It’s been designed from the ground up as a piano for working professionals. There’s been a careful attention to every detail including workflow, sounds, layout and overall build quality. The RD-2000 is light and durable making it easy to take with you.
Built for the Stage and the StudioThanks to its modern interface and forward-thinking design, the RD-2000 is an incredible asset on stage. Its eight knobs and nine sliders give you instant access to a wide range of sound control. Its LED lights give you important visual feedback when performing, even on the darkest stages. The Roland RD-2000 also has two mod wheels and a unique pitch bender for more expressive playing options. Don’t be fooled by its stage piano title. The Roland RD-2000 is also a perfect keyboard for studios. Its advanced MIDI control features are perfect for your favorite music software.
Roland RD-2000 Premium SoundsThe acoustic piano sounds on the RD-2000 are second to none. They convey some of Roland’s latest piano technology and cover a wide range of musical styles. Roland’s V-Piano research yields incredibly natural and richly detailed tones. It has a dedicated engine for acoustic sounds. This lets you tap into the full power of the RD-2000’s 128-voice maximum polyphony without compromise.
The second dedicated sound engine gives you a wide range of classic electric pianos from the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s. That includes recreations of the RD-1000 (the very first RD stage piano) and MKS-20 sound module from Roland. Vintage effects are also on hand. You’ll find the famous BOSS CE-1 Chorus and Roland SDD-320 Dimension D.
MIDI Control and Quick Setup RecallAs for MIDI capabilities, the RD-2000 is one of only a few stage pianos that offers such extensive control. This is exceptionally useful when interacting with virtual instruments, as well as hardware sound modules and more. The RD-2000 has eight assignable zones that let you map sounds to different key ranges. You can also create combination sounds with up to eight layers. With the Scene function, you can save 100 different snapshots of the entire keyboard setup. You can then recall them with a quick button touch while performing.
Perform at your Highest Level on StageIt’s an ideal foundation for writing a song, but it is also a powerful instrument on stage. The RD-2000 lets you take command of more than 1,100 sounds. It can cover a wide range of musical styles. Roland’s SuperNATURAL technology provides highly expressive Virtual Tone Wheel organs, modern and vintage synths. You’ll also find clavinet, orchestral strings, brass, and many others. The RD-2000 has all of the audio connections you’ll need on stage or in the studio. That includes two XLR balanced outputs, 1/4” unbalanced outputs, MIDI connectivity and more.
- Two independent sound engines and modern controller features
- Eight fully assignable zones for combining internal sounds and external sources
- Hybrid wood and molded construction for premium touch and lasting durability
- Vast piano engine, as well as over 1100 non-piano sounds
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB audio/MIDI interface
World-class feel with next-generation controls, order the RD-2000 today.
- Number of keys: 88
- Action: Graded hammer
- Key size: Full
- Aftertouch / Velocity: Velocity
- Number of sounds: 1100 +
- Polyphony: 128
- Layer/Split: Yes
- AUX input: 3.5 mm TRS
- MIDI Connectivity: I/O/T, USB
- Output: XLR L/R, 1/4 in. L/R
- USB Connectivity: 24-bit/192 kHz audio/MIDI
- Headphone jacks: 1
- Pedal inputs: 4
- Storage type: Supports USB 2.0 HS flash
- Recording/Playback: WAV format, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit
- Display: LCD
- Built-in speakers: No
- Pitch bend/Modulation: P/M lever and 2 mod wheels
- Other controls: Encoder knobs
- Reverb: 6 Types
- Chorus: Yes
- Delay: 5 Types
- Equalizer: 5-band
- Arpeggio: No
- Other: 3-Band compressor
- Width: 55.5 in.
- Height: 5.5 in.
- Depth: 14.5 in.
- Weight: 48 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.