Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
Roland SP-404MKII Creative Sampler and Effectortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The ultimate SP is here, streamlined for production and performance.
The Roland SP-404MKII creative sampler and effector gives you everything needed to craft unique beats and manipulate samples on the fly. Its 17 responsive pads put expressive control at your fingertips, while a vivid OLED screen provides visual waveform editing and swift menu navigation. With 16GB of internal storage and a rapid workflow, you can efficiently build tracks on the go.
17 Expressive Pads for Tactile Beatmaking
The SP-404MKII features 17 RGB-lit pads that are highly responsive to touch, allowing you to program rhythms and trigger samples with nuance and expression. Their no-click design provides a satisfying playing experience whether you're building a track from scratch or remixing on the fly. The pads give you a hands-on, tactile way to create that inspires spontaneous creativity.
Vivid OLED Display Enhances Your Workflow
A high-resolution OLED screen provides visual access to the SP-404MKII's features. Easily view, edit and manipulate waveforms with zoom control and marker placement using the display and value knob. The screen also gives you swift menu navigation to browse projects, samples, effects and more. With such visual feedback, you can work quickly and intuitively.
Internal Storage and Rapid Workflow for Efficient Creation
The SP-404MKII comes equipped with 16GB of internal storage, providing ample room for your samples, patterns and projects. It also has a speedy boot-up time, swift project loading and a streamlined process for importing and editing samples so you can start creating right away. Whether composing on the couch or putting together a set on the subway, the SP-404MKII lets you work efficiently wherever inspiration strikes.
Onboard Effects and Advanced Sequencing Tools
Shape your sounds with the SP-404MKII's extensive collection of onboard effects like Vinyl Simulator, DJFX Looper and new additions such as Lo-fi, Cassette Simulator and Resonator. It also provides advanced sequencing tools including adjustable quantize, shuffle control and BPM-per-bank to create patterns with unique feel and energy. With such robust effects and sequencing at your fingertips, you have the flexibility to craft tracks in your own signature style.
FeaturesShips with Firmware update 3.0
- Vivid OLED display for visual waveform editing, full menu access and more
- 17 velocity-sensitive, RGB pads with no-click design for smooth playability
- Faster workflow with quick startup and load times, 16GB internal storage, low-latency pads and rapid sample editing
- Compact, ultralightweight design (2.4 lb. / 1.1kg) with versatile power options: USB-C, mobile battery (via USB-C port), six AA batteries, or AC adaptor
- Extensive onboard effects, including SP classics like Vinyl Simulator and DJFX Looper plus new Lo-fi, Cassette Simulator and Resonator
- Dedicated Vocoder, Auto Pitch, Harmony, Guitar Amp Simulator and Anti-Feedback processing for the mic/guitar input
- 32-voice polyphony, 160 samples per project and 16 internal projects for expanded programming possibilities
- Blazing onboard sample editing with real-time or auto-chop mode, auto BPM detect, envelope, pitch shift, and resampling for layering sounds and phrases
- Pre-loaded sound library with 144 high-quality, professionally recorded samples and patterns
- Extensive customization options with removable metal faceplate, downloadable outline template, multiple screensavers and personalized startup logos
- Upgraded I/O includes 1/4" line in/out, 1/4" mic/guitar input, 1/4" and 1/8" headphones outputs, and 1/8" TRS MIDI in/out
- New resampling workflow for re-recording with various effects for detailed sound design
- Audio capture and streaming supported with mobile devices and computers via USB-C*
- Skip Back Sampling to automatically capture up to 40 seconds of audio from your last performance
- VariPhrase encoder for high-quality time-stretching of pitch and speed parameters
- Bus FX for layering multiple effects, with customizable routing for creating intricate sound textures
- Adjust quantization before or after recording and tweak shuffle percentage across multiple note resolutions to customize swing
- Pattern sequencer with the ability to create full songs with BPM per bank, ideal for running backing tracks or programming performances
- Sequence patterns with real-time loop recording or TR-REC step input
- Motion recording for capturing dynamic changes to effect parameters, sub step, pitch and velocity
- Set shuffle and time signature (1/4–7/4) per pattern
- Chain patterns for automatic playback and use Pad Link to trigger up to four samples with a single press
- Adjustable delay on the MIDI clock output for tight sync with external instruments
- DJ Mode enables new live performance approaches with the ability to mix two audio files or patterns, manipulate eight cue points per sample, adjust fader curves, sync external MIDI instruments, and more
- SP-404MKII editor app (standalone and AU/VST3 plug-in) for Mac and Windows provides direct sample access, detailed waveform editing, sample management, pad assignment, and import of MIDI files and legacy SP-404SX and SP-404A projects
- *A supported iOS mobile device with a Lightning connector can be connected to the SP-404MKII via USB-C using the appropriate Apple adaptor cable. The SP-404MKII must be powered with the included PSD AC adaptor or six AA batteries (not included) in this circumstance. See the SP-404MKII Reference Manual for more USB-C connection info.
Order the Roland SP-404MKII now.
SP-404MKII Creative Sampler and Effector Specifications:General
- Pads: 16 pads + 1 sub pad (Velocity-sensitive pad)
- Faders: No
- Touchstrip: No
- DAW transport: Yes
- Display: OLED display
- MIDI I/O: 1/8" TRS MIDI
- USB: Yes
- Pedal inputs: No
- Audio I/O: 1/4" line and mic I/O and instrument input
- Arpeggiator: No
- Software: SP-404MKII app, Roland Cloud sample packs
- Weight: 2.6 lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.