Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Roland WM-1D Wireless MIDI Dongletrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Eliminate cables and go wireless.
The WM-1D is easy to use. Plug it into an open USB port for low-latency communication with any instrument or device equipped with a WM-1/WM-1D unit. Or, use Bluetooth MIDI to connect with iOS devices and Mac computers. In addition to MIDI note data, you can send MIDI sync for tempo, effects, LFOs, loops, and more. Do it all without connecting a single cable.
iOS devices and Mac computers can smoothly communicate with a WM-series unit in Standard mode over Bluetooth. But in situations where you need the fastest transfer speed possible, just add a WM-1D.
Unleash your creativity
There are situations where wireless MIDI can be a real problem solver. You may want a simple, clean setup with just a MIDI keyboard and your laptop, iPhone, or iPad. Or you may have a favorite MIDI controller situated away from your DAW, requiring long cables that can be tripped over. Maybe you want the freedom to move around your creative space with a small keyboard or pad controller. Complicated setups are creativity killers. Once you've experienced Roland wireless MIDI, you'll never want to go back.
Low latency, high performance
For musicians, the downfall of many wireless MIDI systems is latency, or the time it takes to hear sound once you've pressed a key or tapped a drum pad. High latency makes playing feel unnatural, and it's tough to get the timing right. The proprietary wireless technology in the WM series provides an immediate, ultra-responsive playing experience. It's just like you're plugged in with a normal MIDI cable.
While Standard mode on the WM-1D will cover most playing situations, timing-critical applications may benefit from even more speed. Fast mode turbocharges the transfer rate to 3 ms, better than the internal speed of many hardware devices, providing ultra-fast communication between WM units.
WM-1: Wireless MIDI for instruments and hardware
With a WM-1 Wireless MIDI Adaptor plugged into a keyboard, drum machine, or other device with standard MIDI I/O, you can wirelessly communicate with a WM-1D, other WM-1 units, and MIDI music apps on an iOS device and Mac computer. The WM-1 Wireless MIDI Adaptor is sold separately.
- USB dongle provides wireless MIDI for Windows computers
- Also brings Fast mode support to iOS devices and Mac computers in a WM system*
- Provides low-latency MIDI communication between other WM-series units and macOS/iOS Bluetooth MIDI devices
- Fast mode delivers ultra-low-latency communication (3 ms) for timing-critical applications
- Standard mode supports up to four total devices; Fast mode supports two total devices**
- Powered via USB connection
- *USB connection with an iOS device requires the appropriate Apple adaptor.
- **Device type and environmental conditions may limit the number of total devices available. See the WM-1/WM-1D Owner's Manual for more details.
Go wireless with the Roland WM-1D. Order yours today.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.