- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sequential Sequential Prophet X
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L21107 000000000 L21107000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Sequential Prophet X is a potent fusion of samples-plus-synthesis and is Sequential's most ground-breaking evolution of the Prophet yet. At its h...Click To Read More About This Product
61-key hybrid synthesizer with built-in sample library.
The Sequential Prophet X is a potent fusion of samples-plus-synthesis and is Sequential's most ground-breaking evolution of the Prophet yet. At its heart, it’s a bi-timbral, 8-voice-stereo, 16-voice mono/stereo, 32-voice paraphonic synth with a newly developed sound engine that powers two simultaneous 16-bit, 48kHz sample-based instruments plus two high-resolution digital oscillators—all processed through analog filters. With 150 GB of internal samples from acclaimed sound developers 8Dio, and all of the powerful synthesis tools you’ve come to expect from Sequential, the Prophet X has a musical voice uniquely its own.
On the sample side of things, in 8- and 16-voice mode, the Prophet XL provides two independent, stereo, digitally sampled instruments per voice (4 in Stack or Split mode). The 150 GB of internal sample content was created by 8Dio, known for pioneering “deep sampling.” You’ll find a diverse collection of acoustic and electronic instruments as well as plenty of edgy ambient and cinematic effects. You can shape the samples through loop manipulation, sample stretching, and the Prophet X’s sound-sculpting modulation functions. Each sample instrument has its own Tone control for high-pass or low-pass filtering. 50 GB of additional internal storage is dedicated to importing user samples and 3rd party sample libraries.
On the synth side, the Prophet X gives you the power of a classic Prophet, with two high-resolution digital oscillators that feature both classic waveshapes and a supersaw for more timbral possibilities. Using the Shape Mod control, you can manually dial in the desired waveshape width for any of the classic sine, sawtooth, or pulse waves, or use an LFO or another mod source for continuously shifting timbre. You can shape the raw sounds with all of the classic synthesis functions you’d expect, including 4 syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, 4 loopable five-stage envelope generators, and a 16-slot mod matrix with dozens of modulation sources and destinations.
Stereo Filters for Depth and Impact
At the heart of the Prophet XL’s powerful sound are its new, 24 dB-per-octave resonant low-pass filters, which are based on a vintage design. In 8-voice mode, there are separate filters in the left and right channels for a true stereo signal path. These add exceptional presence and fullness to both the samples and the oscillators. For additional polyphony, you can switch the Prophet XL from 8-voice stereo mode to 16-voice mono/stereo mode, which is useful for stacks and splits, or 32-voice paraphonic performance mode when using a single sampled instrument and oscillator.
Poly Step Sequencing
The polyphonic step sequencer provides up to 64 steps and up to 6 notes per step. You can create a different sequence for each layer if working in stacked or split voice mode, making it a powerful tool for composition or performance. Sequences can have ties and rests, and can sync to an external MIDI clock. The arpeggiator features note repeats, re-latching, and can be synced to external MIDI clock, as well.
Two Effects per Layer
A dual effects engine provides multiple reverbs, 2 delays (standard and BBD), chorus, phase shifter, flanger, ring mod, vintage rotating speaker, high-pass filter, and distortion. In stacked or split voice mode, you can apply two different effects to each layer. Effects parameters can be modulated through the mod matrix.
Road-worthy and Studio-ready
With loads of sonic firepower and personality, a five-octave, premium-quality, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch, an integrated power supply, MIDI USB support, and three crisp OLED displays, the Prophet X fits into any music rig or gig — in the studio or on the road.
Prophet X Receives 2019 TEC Award for Best New Musical Instrument
San Francisco, CA—Jan 30, 2019—The NAMM Foundation has awarded the Sequential Prophet X its prestigious Technical Excellence & Creativity (TEC) Award for “Best New Musical Instrument.” The Award was presented at the Foundation’s annual awards ceremony at the National Association of Music Merchants convention in Anaheim, California. The award marks the third TEC award for Sequential and the second TEC award for 8Dio’s Troels Folmann, sample content developer for the instrument.
- Full-sized, semi-weighted, 5-octave keyboard with velocity and channel (mono) aftertouch
- 2 multi-sampled stereo instruments per voice
- 2 x analog 4-pole resonant low-pass filter per voice
- 150 GB of factory-installed 16-bit, 48 kHz sampled instruments created by 8Dio
- 50 GB of additional storage for user-imported samples or 3rd-party sound libraries
- Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests
- 16-slot modulation matrix with 28 sources and 92 destinations
- Fully-featured arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers
- Users can import their own samples to create custom instruments and content (Created by 8DIO)
- Sample import and mapping is done via software application.
- 32-note polyphonic.
- Other add-on sample packs by 8DIO include The Last Prophet, ARP 2600 and CP70
- More libraries are planned
Infinite sound and sample manipulation, order Prophet X today!
- Number of keys: 61
- Key size: Full
- Aftertouch / Velocity: Both
- Polyphony (max): 32 voices
- VCO: 2
- VCF: 2
- Envelope Generator (EG): 4
- LFO: 4
- Mixer: 16-slot modulation matrix
- Included presets: 512
- User preset slots: 512
- Output: 2 x 1/4" TS
- MIDI Connectivity: In/Out/Thru
- Line input: Yes, mono
- USB Connectivity: Yes
- Headphone out: Yes
- Other: Sync
- Sequencer: 64-step
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Display: Yes
- Effects: Yes
- Pitch bend/Modulation: Both
- Width: 38.44 in.
- Height: 4.13 in.
- Depth: 13.53 in.
- Weight: 24 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.