- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Studiologic SL88 Studio 88-Key Hammer Action MIDI Keyboard Controller
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K13978 000000000 K13978000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The SL88 Studio extends the SL CONTROLLERS line providing the perfect combination of lightness and all the powerful features of the product line. Wor...Click To Read More About This Product
Super lightweight controller with powerful features and extras.
The SL88 Studio extends the SL CONTROLLERS line providing the perfect combination of lightness and all the powerful features of the product line. Working together with musicians. SL has created a user interface which is perfect for quick navigation and setup, but also gives you excellent in-depth control. The SL88 Studio is ready to be at the very heart of your system. All provided in a new refreshing way.
Light with Authentic Touch
The SL88 Studio adopts the latest hammer action keybed technology from FATAR giving the best piano touch feeling. TP/100LR is remarkably lighter than any other. Each of the keys provides 3 contacts for superior performance. With the respect of the full weighted touch of the real piano action, the new design guarantees a very fluent and authentic feel. The results of this combination are simply amazing.
Form and Performance
With its compact profile, the SL88 Studio is an extremely portable professional controller. Thanks to a perfect integration with the TP/100LR keyboard, it weighs less than 14 kilograms. The SL88 Studio is stage and studio ready with a rugged full metal casing. Sculptured endcaps made of a highly resistant synthetic material help to shield the keybed perfectly and provide a safe grip when handling and transporting.
Access with Ease
Located in the center of the instrument is a razor-sharp TFT color display. In combination with the high quality six-way controller knob, you can navigate through all SL88 Grand functions fast and with ease. Functions such as switching through the four zones are achieved by moving the controller, and then by clicking and turning the same knob again, you can select and adjust the desired parameter. Simple, intuitive and fast! Additionally, the three pushbuttons to the right of the control knob bring you back to the top-level from any location in the system with just one push.
The SL88 Grand offers three X/Y stick controllers, not just for performance but also for direct control and manipulation of any desired sound parameter. Stick one is spring-loaded for both X/Y directions. The typical use for this stick is pitch and modulation control. Stick 2 is spring-loaded in X direction only. Stick 3 is free in X and Y directions, ideal for panning, cross fading and parameter control. All sticks feature an elegant, aluminum control shaft which feels perfectly balanced and expressive between your fingertips.
Setup with Software
The powerful new software editor helps you to easily setup your virtual keyboard rig. Mirroring the basic functional scheme of the SL operating system, its clear and ergonomic user interface makes creating and editing Splits and Layers a quick and easy job.
- Hammer action keybed
- Compact profile for extreme portability
- Rugged full metal casing with sculptured endcaps
- Sharp TFT color display
- High quality six-way controller knob
- Three X/Y stick controllers
- Magnetic rail system to hold your laptop or tablet
- A powerful software editor helps you set up your virtual keyboard rig
Barely over thirty pounds, there has never been this much power and playing satisfaction in a controller this light.
- Number of keys: 88
- Action: Premium hammer action
- Key size: Full
- Velocity sensitive: Soft, Med, Hard, Fixed
- Aftertouch: Yes
- MIDI I/O: Two assignable outs
- USB: To Host, USB power
- Pedal inputs: 2 Switch, 1 CC, 1 Universal
- iOS compatibility: N/A
- Audio I/O: Not applicable
- Other: Not applicable
- Encoders: Rotating encoder w/nav controls
- Faders: 3 Programmable sticks
- Drum pads: 3 Function buttons
- Pitch bend/Modulation: Both
- DAW transport: Yes
- Display: Color graphic TFT
- Bundled Software: Editor
- Chord play: N/A
- Arpeggiator: N/A
- Width: 49.6 in.
- Height: 4.9 in.
- Depth: 12.2 in.
- Weight: 30.2 lbs.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.