- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Teenage Engineering OP-1 Portable Synthesizer
- Product H98157
The OP-1 from Teenage Engineering is a synth like no other. With its futuristic design, the OP-1 takes on the role of synthesizer, sampler, and contr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Beautifully engineered synth, sounds even better than it looks.
The OP-1 from Teenage Engineering is a synth like no other. With its futuristic design, the OP-1 takes on the role of synthesizer, sampler, and controller all-in-one highly stylized package. This synth is something to behold, but it sounds even better than it looks, with exciting features like the FM Radio and an assignable G-Force sensor for motion controlled effects. OP-1 also incorporates a built-in Tape feature that gives you the ability to record everything you do on up to four tracks, with overdubbing and reverse recording functions.
Synthesizer and controller
8 built-in synthesizer engines, multiple effects and LFO's. And some really unique sequencers ready to explore. Connect it to your computer and control your DAW with the common play, stop, rec, forward and rewind. Use the 4 rotary encoders and 8 x 2 dedicated quick keys for fast selections.
Built in 4-track tape
Record everything on the built in 4-track tape. Match the tape speed to the sequencer clock for some really nice overdubbing with changing pitch. Change tape speed while recording, or even record backwards in real-time. Switch to the 4-channel mixer and add some texture with the built in EQ and Drive.
Drag and drop
When plugged to a Mac/PC using USB, the OP-1 shows up as a mass storage device. Ready for you to drag and drop audio files between your computer and the OP-1. The 4 tape tracks are available as well as sampled waveforms for you to manipulate. No additional software or drivers required. Just plug and play.
The unique OP-1 color-coded interface with color graphics on the beautiful OLED display is direct related to the four-color rotary encoders and the legend on the keyboard. This makes for extremely easy reading and a non-technical way to control and shape your sounds. Finally, you don't have to be a scientist to use a synthesizer.
16 Hours Battery Power
Playing at maximum volume you can travel over the Atlantic Ocean twice, constantly making music on your OP-1 before it runs out of power. And at the same time have over 2 years of stand by time.
Multiple synthesizer engines with exchangeable architecture
- Built-in 24 voice instant live sampler
- 4 track mixer with EQ, effect, drive and master out
- Multiple exchangable effects and sequencers
- USB MIDI and 2-way USB file transfer - Mac & PC
Order this all-in-one synthesizer, sampler, and controller today.
- Dr Wave - Raw 8-bit yupe sound engine
- FM - Easy to tweak FM synthesis engine
- Pulse - Square wave type engine
- String - Physical modeling with a twist
- Digital - Raw digital type of engine
- Phase - Phase distortion engine
- Cluster - Multiple Wave Cluster
- Dedicated instant Synth Sampler with 6 seconds sampling time for each slot
- Dedicated instant Drum Sampler with 12 seconds sampling time for each slot
- With automated layout feature
- Instant sampling with built-in Microphone or Line in
- Classic ADSR type of envelope
- Dynamic Envelope for Drum sounds
- Delay - Classic delay type
- Phone - Hacked phone effect
- Punch - Adds punch to your sound
- Grid - Grid based echo
- Spring - Spring reverb type
- 4 individual tracks with instant Solo
- Instant variable Tape Speed
- 6 minutes recording time in Normal tape speed
- Up to 24 minutes recording time in Low tape speed
- Loop function with movable region
- Tape tricks for Break Tape, Bits and Reverse
- Reverse Recording
- Classic Tape editing Features Lift / Split and Drop
- Lift tape recordings back into Sampler for endless sound design
- 3 Axis Motion sensor (G-Force)
- Assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter or to pitch
- Sample direct from any radiostation
- Record direct to tape
- 400 MHz Processor Core
- (800 MMACSS performance)
- 64 MB Low-Power SDRAM (12ns)
- 512 MB Nand Flash storage
- 24-bit 96kHz ADC/DAC
- Li-Ion 1800 mAh
- 16 hours active Battery Life
- Charge via USB port
- USB 2.0 high speed (OTG)
- 3.5 mm Line Input, Output
- Built-in microphone
- High output mini speaker 8 Ohm 1 Watt
- Amoled display running in 60 fps
- 320 x 160 pixel resolution
- Color Depth: 16.7 M
- Contrast: 10000:1 (good for outdoor use!)
- Viewing Angle: 170
- Low profile keyboard module
- Scissor-switch ultra low profile design
- Industrial Grade Incremental Encoders
- Excellent indexing feel (remains consistent over life)
- Zinc diecast and fiber enforced high performance plastic
- Advanced CNC:d one-piece Aluminum design.
- 2 X M6 Mounting holes for accessories.
- 2 X Cuts for strap accessory.
- Light grey powder coated body and EDM textured keyboard
- L 282 mm, H 102 mm, D 13.5 mm