Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Yamaha MODX8 88-Key Synthesizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
88-key synth with the heart of a MONTAGE, but greater mobility.
Combined Synth Engines
MODX Keyboards feature the best of both worlds. Incorporating Yamaha’s Advanced Wave Memory 2 (AWM2) and Expanded Frequency Modulation (FM-X) sound engines, you get an exciting blend of sampled-based and FM synthesis technologies wrapped into one powerful instrument. AWM2 uses a combination of high-quality sound recordings with a powerful synthesizer engine to create stunning emulative acoustic instruments, synth sounds, drums and more. FM-X is a unique, expressive, highly programmable synthesis technology for dynamic music creation and sound design. At a basic level, FM-X works by using one sound to change (modulate) the pitch (frequency) of another. This method lends itself to creating harmonically rich and expressive sounds.
AWM2 works by breaking down sound into Elements. Elements can by layered for a thicker sound, split across various parts of the keyboard, switched in and out based on how hard you play, randomized and much more. Elements can also be shaped in terms of loudness, timbre and pitch and processed with high-quality DSP. AWM2 offers highly dynamic and expressive sound with unparalleled fidelity.
Music that Moves You
A MODX Performance has up to 16 Parts. A Part can be a stand- alone instrument like an acoustic bass or a synth lead. A Part can also be a component of a more complex sound. For example, an orchestral performance might use a single Part just to re-create the violin section. MODX continues the tradition of inspiring musicians to discover, create and control their own unique sound. The real-time control capabilities in MODX allow dynamic changes to your music. Orchestral brass swells that not only get louder but larger, textures that fade-in sounds while fading-out others or dynamic changes to multiple effect parameters simultaneously. This level of control empowers uniqueness where your approach to MODX is yours alone.
Using the MODX Motion Control Synthesis Engine allows precise, interactive control over all aspects of FM-X giving almost unlimited synthesis possibilities. The Super Knob is a powerful real-time macro controller. With the Super Knob, you can direct individual dynamic elements into a single musical expression. You can also change the shape of notes from long to short, bright to dark or move a player from being right next to you to the back of a concert hall. Like the Super Knob, the Motion Sequencer is like having an additional set of hands automatically interacting with the sound.
Made to Travel
The lightweight MODX is a dream to transport. Gone are the days of feeling exhausted after the load-in. With a modern, compact design, MODX provides sound power without power lifting. Yamaha has been making musical instruments that deliver amazing sound for over 130 years. MODX continues that traditional with amazing sound, expressive control and compact design.
- 88-note weighted-action keybed perfect for professional pianists
- Motion Control Synthesis unifies and controls AWM2 and FM-X sound engines
- Super Knob controls multiple parameters simultaneously
- Send 10/receive 4 audio channels plus 16 channels of MIDI via a single USB cable
- Live Sets allow Performance organization without copying, changing order or renaming
- 4-Part Seamless Sound Switching: change Performances while holding notes without sound or effect cutoff
- Motion Sequences drive synthesizer parameters through rhythmic control data you can interact with in real time
Experience the exceptional sound, expressive control and a compact design of MODX.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.