- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha MOXF6 61-Key Semi-Weighted Synth
- Product J00612
The keyboardThe Yamaha Motif is among the most respected keyboards of the current century. Through its many reincarnations, it has always been among ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A Universe of Sounds from a Decade of MOTIFs
The Yamaha Motif is among the most respected keyboards of the current century. Through its many reincarnations, it has always been among the most revered instruments in professional stage and studio keyboard performance. The Yamaha MOXF6 is the latest iteration of this noble tradition, and stands again as a model of sonic excellence and technical functionality.
Yamaha has updated the popular MOX Series with the latest MOTIF XF technology by adding more sounds, more effects and even a Flash board option slot. Because it's compatible with MOTIF XF and MOX data, the MOXF has a huge collection of sound and sample libraries and optional software available right out of the box. Expandable, portable, affordable, and compatible with a wide range of other products, these instruments bring MOTIF music production power to a whole new generation of musicians and producers.
The MOXF boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds. Of special note are the detailed digital re-creations of two Yamaha grand pianos (a 9-ft CFIIIS and a 7-ft S6) that only an acoustic piano manufacturer could achieve. The finely-detailed reproduction of even very subtle nuances has resulted in exquisitely crafted piano voices that will satisfy even the most demanding players.
Now containing a huge total of 741 MB of waveforms, and featuring all-new content, the MOXF offers 136 new voices including the superb S6 grand piano, keyboard sounds such as clavinets and organs, and a range of new sounds from genres as diverse as orchestral and hip-hop. Yamaha's proprietary VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) technology simulates the effects of vintage EQs, compressors, and phasers at the circuit level.
This technology has enabled Yamaha to improve the quality of the instruments in the MOXF by modeling the sonic texture of vintage analog compressors, EQs and stomp boxes right down to their component transistors and resistors. The MOXF also puts the high-quality effects found in Yamaha's industry-standard digital recording consoles at your fingertips, as well as the award-winning REV-X reverb found in the SPX2000. It even comes equipped with vocoder effects, allowing you to connect a microphone to the MOXF's A/D input terminal and apply effects to your voice or create stunning harmonies.
MOXF features a built-in sequencer that lets you produce high-quality music without the need for a computer or any other external devices. This powerful tool offers both real-time recording, which records your performance data as you play it, and
step recording, which is suitable for recording precise phrases or other difficult passages. You can even record particularly creative performances directly to a song or pattern simply by pressing the REC button.
Category search mode features 16 different instrument categories, each with its own sub-categories, so getting the sound you need is a fast and intuitive process. With Performance Creator you can easily build up layer or split performances with a single button press. Start with a voice you like, and then press LAYER to have the MOXF choose a suitable layer sound. Press SPLIT to call up a left hand bass sound automatically, and then go to DRUM ASSIGN to access the huge variety of built-in rhythm patterns available.
Meanwhile, the MOXF6 offers a 61-key, semi-weighted keyboard that has been designed and adjusted so that you can easily and expressively play the rich variety of sounds the instrument offers. 88-key Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) action and 61-key semi-weighted action A lightweight body (MOXF6: 7.1kg (15.7lbs), MOXF8: 14.9kg (32.9lbs)) means that carrying the MOXF to rehearsals or gigs is easy- pound-for-pound these are the most powerful workstations Yamaha has ever made. Both models are 50% lighter than comparable MOTIF models.
- Top quality sounds
- Powerful sequencer
- Powerful performance mode
- Sustain pedal sold separately
Still the one. The latest version of a workstation leader. Order today.
- AWM2, with Expanded Articulation
- 16 partsï¼ˆInternalï¼‰, A/D input part
- User: 256ï¼ˆup to 4 partsï¼‰
- 741MBï¼ˆwhen converted to 16-bit linear formatï¼‰
- 3,977 waveforms
- 128 notes
- 18 types
- Preset: 1,152 Normal Voices + 72 Drum Kits
- GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit
- User: 384 Normal Voices + 32 Drum Kits
- Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types
- Insertionï¼ˆA, Bï¼‰x 54 types x 8 parts
- Vocoder x 1ï¼ˆuses both Insertion Effect A and B blocksï¼‰
- Master Effect x 9 types, Master EQï¼ˆ5 bandsï¼‰
- Part EQï¼ˆ3 bands, stereoï¼‰
- Approx. 226,000 notes
- 480 ppqï¼ˆparts per quarter noteï¼‰
- 5 - 300
- 88 keys, GHS keyboardï¼ˆ Initial Touchï¼‰
- 61 keys, Semi-weighted keyboardï¼ˆInitial Touchï¼‰
- Real time replace,
- Real time overdubï¼ˆwith the exception of the Pattern Chainï¼‰
- Real timepunch in/out ï¼ˆSong onlyï¼‰
- Stepï¼ˆwith the exception of the Pattern Chainï¼‰
- Song: 16 Sequence Tracksï¼ˆLoop on/off can be set for each Trackï¼‰
- Tempo Track, Scene TrackPattern: 16 Phrase Tracks
- Pattern Chain: Pattern Track, Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Sequence Format
- Original format, SMF format 0, 1ï¼ˆFormat 1 load onlyï¼‰
- Preset: 7,981 typesUser: 256 types
- ï¼ˆMIDI Sync, MIDI transmit/receive channel, Velocity Limit, and Note Limit
- can be set. 4 Arpeggio parts can be played simultaneously.)
- ï¼ˆEach master includes Master keyboard settings with 4 Zones, Assignable
- Knob settings, Program Change table.)
- Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Assignable Knob x 8
- [DATA] dial x 1, Assignable Function buttons x 2
- OUTPUTï¼» L /MONOï¼½ï¼»/ Rï¼½ï¼ˆstandard phone jackï¼‰
- A/D INPUTï¼» Lï¼½ï¼»/ Rï¼½ï¼ˆstandard phone jackï¼‰
- ï¼»PHONESï¼½ï¼ˆstandard stereo phone jackï¼‰
- ï¼»FOOT CONTROLLERï¼½, FOOT SWITCH
- ï¼»ASSIGNABLEï¼½ï¼»/ SUSTAINï¼½, MIDIï¼» INï¼½ï¼»/ OUTï¼½ï¼»/ THRUï¼½
- USBï¼»TO HOSTï¼½ï¼»/ TO DEVICEï¼½, DC IN
- MOXF8ï¼52" x 16" x 6.6", 32.8lb.
- MOXF6ï¼40.55" x 14.1" x 4.9", 15.6lb.
- AC adaptor (PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha),
- USB cable, Owner's Manual,
- Online Manual CD-ROM x 1 (containing Reference Manual,
- Synthesizer Parameter Manual, and Data List),