- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha MOXF8 88-Key Synthesizer Workstation
- Write a Review
- J00610 000000000 J00610000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Yamaha MOTIF is among the most respected keyboards of the current century. Through its many reincarnations, it has always been among the most rev...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A universe of sounds from a decade of MOTIF.
The Yamaha MOTIF is among the most respected keyboards of the current century. Through its many reincarnations, it has always been among the most revered instruments in professional stage and studio keyboard performance. The Yamaha MOXF8 is the latest iteration of this noble tradition, and stands again as a model of sonic excellence and technical functionality. The MOXF8 series combines a MOTIF XF sound engine and Flash memory expandability, a MIDI keyboard controller with extensive DAW and VST control, USB Audio/MIDI interfacing, onboard sequencing, and an extensive DAW / VST software bundle.
The MOXF8 features an 88-key GHS keyboard that provides authentic, realistic keyboard response—much like the playing feel of an acoustic piano—with a heavy touch in the bass register that changes to a lighter one in the treble, and a natural gradation of touch in between. Category search mode features 16 different instrument categories, each with its own sub-categories, so getting the sound you need is a fast and intuitive process. With Performance Creator you can easily build up layer or split performances with a single button press. Start with a voice you like, and then press LAYER to have the MOXF choose a suitable layer sound. Press SPLIT to call up a left hand bass sound automatically, and then go to DRUM ASSIGN to access the huge variety of built-in rhythm patterns available.
Yamaha has updated the popular MOX Series with the latest MOTIF XF technology by adding more sounds, more effects and even a Flash board option slot. Because it's compatible with MOTIF XF and MOX data, the MOXF has a huge collection of sound and sample libraries and optional software available right out of the box. Expandable, portable, affordable, and compatible with a wide range of other products, these instruments bring MOTIF music production power to a whole new generation of musicians and producers.
MOXF features a built-in sequencer that lets you produce high-quality music without the need for a computer or any other external devices. This powerful tool offers both real-time recording, which records your performance data as you play it, and step recording, which is suitable for recording precise phrases or other difficult passages. You can even record particularly creative performances directly to a song or pattern simply by pressing the REC button.
Yamaha’s proprietary VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) technology simulates the effects of vintage EQs, compressors, and phasers at the circuit level. This technology has enabled Yamaha to improve the quality of the instruments in the MOXF by modeling the sonic texture of vintage analog compressors, EQs and stomp boxes right down to their component transistors and resistors. The MOXF also puts the high-quality effects found in Yamaha's industry-standard digital recording consoles at your fingertips, as well as the award-winning REV-X reverb found in the SPX2000. It even comes equipped with vocoder effects, allowing you to connect a microphone to the MOXF’s A/D input terminal and apply effects to your voice or create stunning harmonies.
- 88-key Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) action keybed provides realistic keyboard response
- Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology simulates vintage EQs, compressors, and more
- Advanced computer integration makes the MOXF the center of your music production studio
- Category search mode with 16 different instrument categories with sub-categories
- Lightweight and portable design make carrying the MOXF to rehearsals or gigs is easy
The latest version of a workstation leader. Order today!
- Number of keys: 88 Key
- Action: Graded-hammer
- Key size: Full
- Aftertouch / Velocity: Velocity Sensitive
- Key Type: Piano-style
- Number of voices: 1152
- Polyphony (max): 128-note
- Layers: Yes
- Split: Yes
- AUX input: No
- MIDI Connectivity: MIDI In/Out/Thru
- Line output: Yes
- Line input: No
- USB Connectivity: Yes
- Headphone jacks: 1
- Pedal inputs: 2
- Storage type: Internal & USB flash port
- Expandability available: No
- Recording/Playback MIDI sequencer
- Accompaniment styles: Not applicable
- Preset songs: Not applicable
- Display: Backlight LCD
- Effects: Yes
- Built-in speakers: No
- Pitch bend/Modulation: Both
- Other controls: control knobs
- Reverb: Yes
- Chorus: Yes
- Delay: Yes
- Equalizer: Yes
- Arpeggio: Yes
- Other: Yes
- Width: 52"
- Height: 6.6"
- Depth: 16"
- Weight: 15.6 lbs
- Power: Adapter included
- Batteries: Not applicable
- Stand or bench included: Sold Separately
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.