- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ADAM Audio S5V Premium Vertical mid-field Monitor, 3-way 12" woofer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L43112 000000000 L43112000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ADAM S5V is designed for medium-sized and larger studio control rooms. It features three separate output transducers in three formats starting wi...Click To Read More About This Product
Professional monitoring for any medium.
The ADAM S5V is designed for medium-sized and larger studio control rooms. It features three separate output transducers in three formats starting with a 12-in. bass driver that is driven by a dedicated 700W Class D amplifier. Bass frequencies are the most power-hungry parts of your mix, so with only 250 Hz and below to reckon with, the S5V’s bass power module easily handles even bass-heavy mixes and ensures distortion-free low end. Its specification of a 25 Hz low-end frequency response is an astonishing accomplishment.
The S5V is equipped with the newly designed DCH midrange speaker. It is a 4-in. part cone and part dome hybrid driver whose duty in the S5V is processing midrange that resides between 250 Hs and 3 kHz. It is at the heart of instrument character, vocal warmth and clarity, and any mix’s sense of space. The DCH is known for the high-excursion characteristics it manages to apply to its clean decay and linear frequency response. It is clear where it needs to be, providing distortion-free, mid-range transparency at high output levels. It derives its power from a dedicated 300W Class D amplifier.
Frequencies above 3 kHz are passed to the S-ART folded-ribbon tweeter, handmade in Berlin to the tightest possible tolerances, for breathtaking highs and ensures the soundfield is presented in delicate detail. A 100W Class D power amplifier drives the S-ART treble driver. It is probably the most recognizable ADAM Audio design, and one of many that distinguish ADAM Audfio studio monitors from others in its category.
But of course, there is more to a monitor than power amps and speakers. There is the speaker box itself, whose off-axis responses of the treble and mid drivers are extremely accurate thanks in part to its high- and mid-frequency waveguides. The waveguides are milled from solid aluminum and crafted with state-of-the-science know-how by the acoustic engineering team at ADAM Audio. These two propagation systems (MPS and HPS) result in a dispersion that enables more than one person to work in the its sweet spot, as is often necessary in larger control rooms.
The S5V’s DSP component provides equalization and in-room tuning/voicing functions. It also handles limiter-based high-frequency driver protection, processes signals from the AES3 digital inputs, and will facilitate expansion options. Software updates can be carried out via the associated USB port, which also allows users to connect computers and control the speakers’ DSP functions via software.
- 1100W total output from three power amps
- 25 Hz to 50 kHz frequency response
- Large and reliable sweet spot
- Tunable with factory presets
- Advanced enclosure design
- Finest materials and build quality
Versatile monitoring for your main room.
- Size: Midfield
- System type: Active
- Configuration: 3-way
- Low-frequency driver: 12 in.
- Mid-frequency driver: 4 in.
- High-frequency driver: Folded Ribbon
- Full-range driver: Not applicable
- Driver type: Hybrid
- Frequency response: 25Hz – 50kHz
- Max peak SPL: t> 128 dB
- Amplifier class: D
- Output power: 1100W
- Input connectors: XLR/AES3
- Standby mode: Yes
- Acoustic space control: Yes
- Power indicator: Yes
- Width: 15.4 in.
- Height: 27.5 in.
- Depth: 20.5 in.
- Weight: 114.5 lb.
- Enclosure type: Sealed
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.