- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AEA Microphones N22 Stereo Microphone Kit
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J52670 000000000 J52670000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AEA Nuvo Stereo System is an elegant ribbon microphone system that allows for versatile miking schemes. It comprises the AEA SMS bar and two AEA ...Click To Read More About This Product
Sophisticated yet easy-to-use dual ribbon mic system.
- Preserving History with AEA Ribbon Microphones
- A Conversation with Wes Dooley of AEA Microphones
- Designing Ribbon Microphone Preamps with AEA
- AEA N22 - Electric Guitar (jazz) - Listening Library
- AEA N22 - Saxophone - Listening Library
- AEA N22 - Trumpet - Listening Library
- Mitski | Burning Hill | AEA Sessions
- Benjamin Shepherd | Ascension | AEA Sessions
The AEA Nuvo Stereo System is an elegant ribbon microphone system that allows for versatile miking schemes. It comprises the AEA SMS bar and two AEA Nuvo Stereo Mic Kits. Here is a further breakdown:
The AEA SMS bar includes the following:
AES SMS stereo bar
Vibration damping foam insert
Posi-Lok adjustable angle adaptor
Two 3/8-16 (EU) cap screws and 3/18-16 to 5/8-27 male threaded studs
5/8-27 female to 3/8-16 (EU) stand adaptor
The AEA Nuvo Stereo Mic Kit comes with the following items:
SKB carrying case
Two AEA Nuvo ribbon microphones
Two cloth protective cover
SMS Stereo Bar
Two Nuvo Windscreens
It is simple to configure the AEA SMS in a number of ways, and is laser engraved with 90-degree and 117-degree angle and center-to-center spacing markings, so you can take notes about your experiments and repeat them at any time. Your stand support can be at the center or the end of the bar and can be attached either directly or by using the supplied angle adapter. Either American 5/8-27 or European 3/8-16 mic stands and stand adapters can be used.
Possible miking schemes include classic Blumlein stereo, which comprises two coincident crossed bi-directional microphones, where the principal axis of each is co-aligned with the null axis of the other. The front and back quadrants are in phase and of equal sensitivity but of opposite absolute polarity; the two side quadrants are out of phase with respect to one another. The Blumlein array provides the most accurate left-to-right stereo imaging of any mic system.
Another application is to use the pair of bi-directional mics separated by 20 cm but with the two mics aimed directly forward, rather than angled outward. This is a good choice when working in a long, narrow performance space such as a church. Of course, you can experiment with your own variations.
Thrives in a wide range of working environments. Order one someday.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.