- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AEA Microphones RPQ2 Preamp
- Write a Review
- J52703 000000000 J52703000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AEA RPQ2 preamp was designed to allow your microphones to do what they do best – record the sound of your instrument in its full glory. The RPQ2 ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
High-resolution, 2-channel, rack preamp with EQ and DI.
The AEA RPQ2 preamp was designed to allow your microphones to do what they do best – record the sound of your instrument in its full glory. The RPQ2 leans on the side of neutral but is unlike other clean preamps because of its rich and musical tonality. With a massive 81dB of sweet JFET gain, few preamps rival its output combined with its signal to noise ratio. With P48 disengaged, the RPQ2 has a high input impedance at 63K Ohms which means the preamp won’t load down a mic and change its sound. With the final touch of the unique LF and HF CurveShaper EQ, the RPQ2 gives you the tools to shape your tone right at the start of the signal path.
The Sound at Your Fingertips
Many mixing and mastering engineers turn to the RPQ2 purely for its post-processing EQ and routing functionality. The RPQ2 provides a secondary line level balanced output for sending an additional line signal to a separate recording device or mixer. In Line Mode, the preamp and EQ section become two independent units with separate inputs and outputs. This allows you to insert compressors or other effects between the preamp and CurveShaper EQ section.
Choosing the right preamp to pair with a mic is as critical as choosing which mic to use. The team at AEA take sonic integrity seriously and have created preamps that were specially designed to meet the particular challenges of ribbon mics and bring out their full potential. Building on the obstacles identified when creating preamps in the 50’s, the AEA engineers now use tools like quiet JFETS and transformer-less designs to construct high gain, high impedance preamps. Engineers have discovered that AEA preamps also complement their moving coil and condenser microphones.
- Two channels with 81 dB of sweet, quiet JFET gain for all mics
- Super high input impedance of 63K Ohms (with P48 disengaged)
- High frequency CurveShaper EQ and low frequency proximity control
- High-resolution, high-impedance front-panel 1/4 in. Direct Inputs
- Mic/Line mode with Post-Mic and Pre-EQ Inserts for alternative routing options
- Excels with ribbons mics, shines on condensers and moving-coil dynamics
- 100% handcrafted in Pasadena, CA
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.