- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AEA Microphones RPQ500 Mic Preamp API 500 Module
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J52648 000000000 J52648000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The RPQ500 module, designed after the successful RPQ preamp, provides the same high-gain, high-impedance signal path that has earned AEA preamps...Click To Read More About This Product
The right preamp for your AEA ribbon mic.
The RPQ500 module, designed after the successful RPQ preamp, provides the same high-gain, high-impedance signal path that has earned AEA preamps their great reputation, but in a 500 series package. The RPQ500 leans on the side of neutral but is unlike other clean preamps because of its rich and musical tonality.
With a massive 81dB of sweet JFET gain, few preamps rival its output combined with its signal to noise ratio. The high input impedance at 10K Ω means the RPQ500 won’t load down a mic and change its sound. With the final touch of the unique LF and HF CurveShaperTM EQ, the RPQ500 gives you the tools to shape your tone right at the start of the signal path.
The RPQ500 is more than just a preamp; it is a bonefide workhorse tool for your API 500-compatible rack. Many mixing and mastering engineers love using the RP500 purely for its post-processing functionality. The Mic/Line switch allows you to use the RPQ2’s balanced inserts as well as patching into the CurveShaperTM EQ while tracking, mixing, and mastering. Add the output level control, and the RPQ500 becomes a high-quality processing tool that can be used for mixing and mastering when combined with summing racks and mixers.
Choosing the right preamp to pair with a mic is as critical as choosing which mic to use. AEA takes sonic integrity seriously and have created preamps that have been specially designed to meet the particular challenges of ribbon mics and bring out their full potential. Building on the obstacles identified when designing preamps in the 50’s, we now use tools like quiet JFETS and transformer-less designs to construct high gain, high impedance preamps. Engineers have discovered that the our preamps also complement their moving coil and condenser microphones. Like our Big RibbonsTM, we designed our preamps to have a natural and musical tonality.
- One channel with 81dB of sweet and quiet JFET gain for all micas
- High frequency CurveShaperTM EQ and low frequency proximity control
- Mic and line inputs for mixdown EQ versatility
- Switchable phantom power, polarity, line/mic, and EQ inserts
- Same clean, high-gain signal path as the RPQ2
- 100% handcrafted in Pasadena, CA
Ribbons present unique challenges. This preamp meets them. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.