- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AKG P420 Project Studio Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J10278 000000000 J10278000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The P420 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm true condenser microphone for demanding project studio recording applications. Offering high sensitivity ...Click To Read More About This Product
Multi-pattern 1" condenser.
The P420 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm true condenser microphone for demanding project studio recording applications. Offering high sensitivity and 155dB maximum SPL, the P420 delivers a warm, transparent sound quality perfectly suited for ensemble recording, grand piano, woodwind and brass instruments, as well as drums and percussion. With three selectable polar patterns (cardioid, omnidirectional or figure 8) it is an ideal tool for stereo miking techniques and ambient recording.
One-inch dual-diaphragm microphone with three selectable polar patterns for the perfect setting, low noise electronics and transformerless output for high dynamic range, and switchable attenuation pad for high SPL applications up to 155 dB SPL. Pro features in an affordable 1" diaphragm microphone.
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL: 155 dB
- Sensitivity: 28 mV/Pa
- Capsule: Condenser
- Pattern: Multi-pattern
- Type: Mounted
- Primary: Studio
- Secondary: Stage
- Other: Not applicable
- L x W x (D): 6.3 x 7/8"
- Weight: 1lb. 2oz. (530g)
- Case: Metal
- Clip: Shock mount
Order today and bring versatility to your project studio.
- Audio Frequency bandwidth: 20 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 28 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15 dB-A
- Signal to Noise: 79 dB-A
- Preattenuation Pad: -20 dB
- Bass Cut Filter: 300 - 12 dB/octave Hz
- Electrical Impedance: <= 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >= 1000 Ohms
- Polar Patterns: Cardiod, Omnidirectional, Figure of eight
- Voltage: 44 to 52 V
- Current: <= 3 mA
- Type: Balanced XLR
- Gender: Male
- Contacts: 3-pin
- Length: 165 mm
- Diameter: 54 mm
- Net Weight: 530 g
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.