Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
API 2500+ Stereo Bus Compressortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A versatile stereo compressor for tracking, mixing and mastering.
Among the many qualities which make the 2500+'s unique is its use of API's patented THRUST circuit for a chest-hitting, punchy bottom end. Another distinctive feature of the 2500+ is its selectable "old" or "new" compression, with the old style using the "feed back" type of compression found in the API 525, and the new style using the "feed forward" type in which the compressor side chain is fed directly from the unit input. Additionally, the output stage of the 2500+ offers an auto-makeup gain button that permits the user to vary the threshold or ratio while automatically maintaining a constant output level.
Added to the 2500+ is the Mix/Blend circuit. First featured in the limited production 50th Anniversary Edition, Mix/Blend control provides either cross fader or parallel mixing of the compressed and uncompressed signal. Three different user settings are offered:
OFF - compressed signal only.
X (Cross) - allows the MIX control to adjust between 100% uncompressed to 100% compressed - increasing one, while decreasing the other.
|| (Parallel) - allows the MIX control to dial in compressed signal to blend into the uncompressed signal, (which remains the same).
The 2500+ ensures fidelity with its fully balanced design and two front panel VU meters showing input, output and gain reduction levels. The 2500+ features API's industry exclusive five-year parts warranty and offers the user the reliability, sonic excellence and long life characteristic of all API products.
- Variable link between left and right channels
- Old "feed back" and new "feed forward" compression
- Soft, Medium, or Hard knee for easy to sharp compression
- Auto or manual gain make up
A versatile compressor for tracking, mixing and mastering. Order today.
2500+ Stereo Bus Compressor Specifications:Connectivity
- Rear Connectors: XLR input, Balanced TRS 1/4" side chain, XLR output
- Maximum Output Level: +32dB
- Frequency Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 50kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 120dB
- Output clips at +32dBu
- API 2520 Op Amps
- Power Consumption: 28.8 Watts
- New Mix/Blend circuit
- "Over Threshold" LED illuminates when input audio crosses the set threshold
- Stereo analog meters to show input level, output level, and gain reduction
- Full hard-wired relay bypass
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.