- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apogee Element 88 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J42604 000000000 J42604000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Apogee’s Element 88 is a Thunderbolt audio I/O box made for creating music on your Mac. Element 88 takes the best of cutting-edge Apogee gear like Sy...Click To Read More About This Product
16 in x 16 out Thunderbolt audio I/O box for Mac.
Apogee’s Element 88 is a Thunderbolt audio I/O box made for creating music on your Mac. Element 88 takes the best of cutting-edge Apogee gear like Symphony I/O Mk II, Ensemble Thunderbolt and Groove and puts it into a simple form factor. With streamlined hardware features and advanced software control, Element 88 delivers the best sound quality of any 8 in x 8 out audio interface under $1,500. Ideal for the producer, engineer or musician, Element 88 gives you all the I/O you need to record drums or a full band.
A/D and D/A Conversion
A high-quality A/D converter is critical for capturing every detail of your recordings into your computer. The Element series features some of the best Apogee A/D conversion. Recording thru an Element gives you 32-bit A/D conversion processing, which minimizes unwanted noise and ensures you’ll capture every detail of the performance. With a high-quality D/A converter, you will hear more definition in each track and virtual instrument. This clarity makes it easier for you to make precise adjustments and achieve the ideal balance when mixing your music. When you listen to you sessions thru an Element, tracks will blend more harmoniously and mixing will be easier. The high end will sound crisp and clear and the low end will be tight and well defined.
Whether you are recording powerful drums, dynamic vocals or delicate strings, you need a premium mic preamp to capture the finest details of the performance. The Element Series mic preamps feature Apogee’s Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture™. This analog circuit is designed to dynamically optimize across a gain range of 0-75dB to provide superior bandwidth and low distortion.
An audio interface relies on a clock source like an orchestra relies on a conductor. A digital audio clock provides a timing signal to all the parts of a digital audio system so that each part of the AD/DA process may be synchronized. Element has its own built-in clock source and provides professional Word Clock IN and OUT for syncing with other digital audio gear. Use Element as the master clock to take advantage of Apogee’s superior built-in clocking technology.
The Element Series Thunderbolt driver offers the same low-latency performance (1.41 ms round-trip) and rock-solid stability as Ensemble Thunderbolt. Apogee's custom driver uses less of your computer's CPU power with the help of Direct Memory Access (DMA) technology. This allows you to run more plugins and monitor through your DAW at a low buffer setting. Element's low latency driver means you don't have to choose between power and speed, even when your session requires a higher buffer setting.
Control the Elements
Element 88 is built to be controlled by a powerful software eco-system. With the Element series you have more control options than ever before. Access all I/O controls and settings for your Element hardware with Element Control, Apogee’s software control application for Mac. Use the app to select your input type, adjust input/output levels, configure up to 3 different low-latency mixers and more. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to quickly select any input or output and adjust the level. Element Control Mobile for iOS provides you with wireless control of the hardware settings included in the Element Essentials Window. Download the iOS App from the App store to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Eight analog inputs with world-class mic preamps
- Two balanced L/R XLR outputs
- Two balanced 1/4 in. outputs
- Two 1/4 in. stereo headphone output
- Thunderbolt connectivity for ultra-low latency performance
- Optical I/O: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF
- Word Clock I/O via BNC connections
- Element Control Software for Mac
- Element Control Mobile App
- Works with Apogee Control - Optional desktop hardware remote control (Sold separately)
- Multi-Unit Thunderbolt support - Connect any two Element audio I/O boxes
Experience the lightning-fast Element Series with streamlined hardware and advanced control!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.