Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Art Voice Channel Tube Mic Preamptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
All-in-one tube channel strip with digital outs.
The ART VoiceChannel is a complete channel input strip for recording, broadcast or high-profile live applications. Designed to deliver in critical applications where full control of the audio source is required, the VoiceChannel combines a single Class-A tube mic preamp, full-featured dynamics control, de-esser, expander and semi-parametric EQ into one unit. It has analog and digital output, as well as the ability to direct connect to any computer or laptop via integrated USB port.
Designed to be a powerful channel strip and the ideal all-in-one input solution for analog or digital recording, each stage of the VoiceChannel’s signal path provides full control and a complete feature set for each component, making it the perfect choice for tracking critical vocals and solo instruments.
The VoiceChannel’s preamp section uses a Class-A tube design with variable input impedance and selectable tube plate voltage to create the most versatile high-performance microphone preamplifiers in their class. Capable of delivering incredible warmth, presence and clarity, the 12AX7A vacuum tube used in the circuit delivers controlled “musical-sounding” overload characteristics for added warmth and presence. It also maintains a wide dynamic range with impressive sonic detail and clarity.
Variable input impedance
Variable input impedance optimizes the input for the widest possible range of microphone sources. The ability to vary the input impedance of a VoiceChannel’s preamp changes the load the microphone “sees” in the system, dramatically altering its performance and character. This creates a wide range of new sonic possibilities with any modern or vintage condenser, ribbon or dynamic microphone.
The variable impedance control is infinitely variable, allowing much finer control and the ability to tune the preamp to the microphone’s ideal sweet spot.
Selectable tube plate voltage
The selectable tube voltage function delivers a wide variety of providing the either high plate voltage to the tube, ensuring maximum output with extremely low noise and distortion, or lowering the plate voltage to increase warmth and tube character.
Comprehensive dynamic control & EQ
The VoiceChannel delivers full dynamic control from the integrated fully variable Compressor/De-Esser/Expander section. Unlike most channel strip processors in this class, every function of the VoiceChannel’s dynamics control is easily tunable from the front panel. Complete control of compressor’s threshold, ratio, attack and release, as well as de-esser frequency and level, and expander/gate threshold are fully variable from smooth, high-quality low-noise pots.
The VoiceChannel’s semi-parametric EQ offers wide tunability and tone control—and for added versatility, the EQ can be patched before or after the dynamics processor with a simple one-button touch on the front panel. No re-patching required. Separate insert jacks on the back panel allow you quick, quiet inline connectivity to external signal processing gear immediately after the mic preamp (before the EQ and dynamics processor) in the signal path. Another insert patch point exists just before the A/D converters.
Digital connectivity and USB output
The ART VoiceChannel can direct-connect to virtually any recording platform, analog or digital console, making it a uniquely versatile input strip. Choose between a wide range of outputs, including balanced analog out, 44.1kHz to 192kHz AES/EBU, S/PDIF or ADAT digital output. If need be, you can also direct-connect to any computer or laptop via USB. All analog and digital outputs provide comprehensive metering for a detailed indication of audio levels.
- Ideal input solution for any recording application
- Fully featured tube microphone preamplifier with selectable plate voltage and variable input impedance
- Exceptional warmth and definition from proven ART tube preamp design
- Smooth musical sounding dynamics control, including Compressor/Expander/De-Esser/Gate
- Powerful parametric EQ selectable pre or post compressor in signal path
- Flexible digital connectivity including ADAT lite-pipe, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, TOSLink digital output supports 44.1 to 192kHz sample rates
- USB direct-connect to computer or laptop
Order the VoiceChannel now.
Voice Channel Tube Mic Preamp Specifications:Preamp
- Microphone gain: 0dB to +60dB
- Instrument gain: +3dB to +40dB
- Boost/cut: +12dB on each band
- Low frequency tuning: 50/150Hz, selectable
- MID 1 frequency tuning: 100Hz to 3kHz, continuously variable
- MID 2 frequency tuning: 500Hz to 15kHz, continuously variable
- High frequency tuning: 5K/15kHz, selectable
- Attack time: 250us to 100ms
- Release time: 100ms to 3s
- De-esser tuning: 0.5kHz to 15kHz, continuously variable
- Compression ratio: 1:1 to 20:1
- Expander slope: 1:1.5
- Analog into analog out: 12Hz to 100kHz, +0, -1dB
- Analog into digital out: 12Hz to 20kHz, +0, -1dB @ 44.1kHz sample rate
- 16Hz to 42kHz +0, -1dB @ 96kHz
- THD: 1kHz < 0.015% typical
- 20 to 20kHz < 0.033% typical
- Mic/Line: -130dBuA, input shorted, max gain
- Instrument: -105dBuA, input shorted, max gain
- Word clock range: 30kHz to 204kHz
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176kHz, 192kHz
- USB minimum system requirements: USB 1.1 compliant, Windows 98SE or newer, Mac OS 9.1 or newer
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.