- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Aston Microphones Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J32366 000000000 J32366000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Aston SPIRIT is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilizing a 1” gold evaporated capsule. A switch on the mic body selects from ...Click To Read More About This Product
Open sound with sparkle and harmonic complexity.
The Aston SPIRIT is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilizing a 1” gold evaporated capsule. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer balanced circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors, the same devices you’ll find in boutique microphones costing far more than the Spirit.
Wave-Form Mesh Head
The Origin features Aston’s signature wave-form mesh head. This unique design delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the mic capsule. Its shock-resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to bend upon impact, and then return to its normal position without any damage to the capsule itself. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artifacts from your recordings.
Built-In Pop Filter
Aston’s vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the waveform head. The random weave allows sound to pass while virtually eliminating unwanted plosives at the source. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation, making it ideal in sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so won’t rust with use, and can even be removed and washed.
Yet another unique design element of the Aston Origin is the use of custom-molded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor. Because the internal shock absorption system is so good, you can mount the microphone directly to a stand via this built-in, interchangeable thread adapter. The design also makes Aston microphones easy to repair and maintain.
Part of the beauty of Aston microphones is the custom finish of each chassis. Each chassis is individually tumbled for up to four hours to give it a very hard-wearing, and extremely beautiful, finish. To perfect the look, each microphone is separately engraved with its legends, and the Aston brand mantra, “The art of performance.”
Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 80dB A-Weighted
- Polar pattern: Omni/Cardioid/Figure-of-Eight
- Pad Switches: -20dB/-10dB/0dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
Three-way switchable polar pattern and a sound that will thrill should make this a candidate for your locker.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.