- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica AT4040 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Mic
- Write a Review
- #270427 000000000 270427000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Exceptional low noise, wide dynamic range, and high SPL capability give the Audio-Technica AT4040 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Mic studio versati...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Breaking the price/quality barrier and soon to be a new industry standard.
Exceptional low noise, wide dynamic range, and high SPL capability give the Audio-Technica AT4040 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Mic studio versatility. Designed for professional recording, the AT4040 features an externally polarized true condenser designed with a technically advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics. Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion. Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity. The open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing minimizes unwanted internal reflections. Switchable 80Hz hi-pass filter and 10dB pad. Cardioid pattern. Includes shock mount and case.
Requires phantom power.
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
Call or click to order.
- ELEMENT Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- POLAR PATTERN Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20-20,000 Hz
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY -32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE 100 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
- 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- NOISE 12 dB SPL
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) 133 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 82 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
- SWITCHES Flat, roll-off;
- 10 dB pad (nominal)
- WEIGHT 12.7 oz (360 g)
- DIMENSIONS 6.69" (170.0 mm) long,
- 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE R1
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.