Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Audio-Technica AT4053B Hypercardioid Condenser Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A versatile mic suitable for critical recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement.
The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant-free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS). The Audio-Technica AT4053B consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4053b-EL hypercardioid head capsule.
The excellent rear rejection of the AT5053B's hypercardioid pattern makes it great for live sound instrument recording, where additional rear-rejection is required.
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- RoHS-compliant”free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
Get a mic suitable for all sessions today!
AT4053B Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 16 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 127 g (4.5 oz)
- Dimensions: 155.0 mm (6.10") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Optional Interchangeable Elements (sold separately):
- AT4049b-EL (Omnidirectional);
- AT4051b-EL (Cardioid)
- Accessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica Case Style: S1
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.