- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica AT897 Line + Gradient Shotgun Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- #275071 000000000 275071000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Audio-Technica's AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Short enough for even compact digital cameras.
Audio-Technica's AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras. This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
Requires phantom power.
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11") ensures mic stays out of the shot -- even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
Excellent for remote recording applications. Order today.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Line + Gradient
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency roll-off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity
- Phantom: ”40 dB (6.3 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Battery: ”41 dB (5.6 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Phantom: 200 ohms
- Battery: 300 ohms
- Maximum input sound level:
- Phantom: 129 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic range (typical):
- Phantom: 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 77 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1 Pa;
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Weight: 5.1 oz. (145 g)
- Dimensions: 10.98" (279 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) diameter
- Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8134 windscreen; battery; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica case style: SG2
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.