- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica U853PM UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Hanging Microphone
- Write a Review
- #275135 000001000 275135000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed for permanent installation, the Audio Technica U853PM UniPoint cardioid condenser hanging microphone comes equipped with a wall/ceiling plat...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Ideal for choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages.
Designed for permanent installation, the Audio Technica U853PM UniPoint cardioid condenser hanging microphone comes equipped with a wall/ceiling plate power module. The U853PM microphone is phantom-powered and features UniGuard innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference. It accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine line cardioid polar patterns. Its 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep filter reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Wall/ceiling plate power module permits permanent installation in standard metal U.S. single gang electrical box
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90 to 360
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom ”39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa; Battery ”39 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 128 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 102dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Switches: Flat, roll-off; 0 dB/ +10 dB gain setting
- Weight (microphone): 0.5 oz (14 g)
- Weight (Power Module): 3.4 oz. (97 g)
- Dimensions (Microphone): 1.34" (34.0 mm) long, 0.48" (12.2 mm) diameter
- Dimensions Power Module (H x W x D): 2.80" x 4.55" x 1.42", (71.0 mm x 115.5 mm x 36.0 mm)
- Output Connector: Screw terminals
- Cable: 25' (7.6 m) long, permanently attached 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Optional interchangeable elements: UE-H hypercardioid (100); UE-O omnidirectional (360); UE-UL Uniline (90)
- Accessories Furnished: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8534 wall/ceiling power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter
- Audio Technica: M12
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.