- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Behringer MINIFBQ FBQ800 9-Band Graphic Equalizer with FBQ
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 182044 000000000 182044000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MINIFBQ FBQ800 features Behringer's FBQ Feedback Detection System that instantly reveals critical frequencies and can also be used as an audio an...Click To Read More About This Product
Mini Series mixer with built-in feedback detection.
The MINIFBQ FBQ800 features Behringer's FBQ Feedback Detection System that instantly reveals critical frequencies and can also be used as an audio analyzer. An additional low cut filter removes unwanted frequencies such as floor rumble. Accurate 6-digit LED input/output meters and level control are provided for precise level indication. Long-term reliability is guaranteed with Behringer's high-quality illuminated faders, potentiometer and illuminated switches. The ultralow noise audio operational amplifiers offer outstanding sound performance. In addition, all Mini Series models can be stacked on top of each other to create an ultra-compact signal processing solution.
How Does it Work?
Imagine the frequency range of the sound you hear as a highway, a very wide one with nine lanes. Each of these ‚Äúlanes‚Äù represents a single octave of the sonic spectrum. The first four lanes, labeled 63 - 500 (Hz) contain the really low frequency sound content, mainly bass, bass vocals, and the kick and tom drums. The three lanes labeled 1k, 2k and 4k (Hz), make up the fundamental zone of most musical instruments and the male and female vocals. 8k and 16k cover the frequency range of cymbals, snare drums and higher pitched percussion instruments. The FBQ800 allows you to control the flow of audio traffic in each of these nine lanes. When properly applied, EQ makes it possible to hear all of these frequency ranges equally, thus the term equalization.
When a specific frequency, or range of frequencies, reaches too high a level, feedback occurs‚Äîthat all-too-familiar squeal or howl you get when the mic is too close to the speaker. Basically, feedback happens when there is so much of a particular frequency that it is picked up by the mic and run through the system again. That‚Äôs why feedback typically gets louder and louder the longer it‚Äôs allowed to occur. Needless to say, this kind of feedback is very undesirable.
This is where the FBQ800‚Äôs Feedback Detection System really works its magic. In this ingenious circuitry, LEDs on the individual faders light up when that frequency band is approaching the danger zone. All you need do is lower the illuminated slider until the LED blinks out‚Äîvoil√†, feedback problem solved! What once required a highly trained ear is now an activity that even a child can master.
That really is the best way to describe the FBQ800. With its nine frequency bands, you easily fine-tune your sound and instantly eliminate feedback. And each fader can be used to boost or cut the frequency range it controls by as much as 12 dB (and that‚Äôs a lot!).
Special attention is paid to the low frequency zone. In addition to low frequency faders, the FBQ800 features a Low Cut filter for removing unwanted low frequencies such as floor rumble, room resonance, electrical hum, etc. This is especially handy if your system is being used for speech rather than music.
To Boost or to Cut, That is the Question
Raising and lowering specific frequency bands can improve the frequency response of any room‚Äôs acoustics. For instance, if the room you‚Äôre in is ‚Äúbass-heavy,‚Äù lowering the 63 and 125Hz faders can help eliminate an overall ‚Äúboomy‚Äù or ‚Äúmuddy‚Äù sound. Likewise, gently boosting the 8 and 16k sliders can add sparkle to a somewhat ‚Äúdark‚Äù mix. Are the vocals getting lost in the mix? Raising the level of the 1k slider can help bring them out.
It‚Äôs important to note that raising a single fader level is not always the best solution; it‚Äôs often better to lower the bands surrounding the frequency you want to bring out, and then boost the overall volume level to achieve better headroom.
Built for Accuracy and Reliability
Speaking of headroom, FBQ800‚Äôs 6-digit LED I/O meters and level control are provided for precise level maintenance. Long-term reliability is ensured, thanks to high-quality illuminated faders and switches, and our ultra low-noise audio operational amplifiers provide outstanding sonic performance. In addition, all Mini Series components can be stacked to create an ultra-compact signal processing solution.
- Ultra-compact 9.5" graphic equalizer for studio and stage applications
- FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies
- Additional Low-cut filter removes unwanted frequencies, like floor rumble
- 6-segment LED input/output meters and Level control for precise level indication
- High-quality illuminated faders, potentiometers and illuminated switches
- Low noise audio operational amplifiers offer excellent sound performance
- Stack all Mini Series models to create an ultra-compact signal processor solution
See feedback problems before you hear them!
- Type 1/4" TRS connectors (balanced) or
- RCA connectors (unbalanced)
- Impedance approx. 20k ohms, balanced
- approx. 10k ohms, unbalanced
- CMRR 40 dB typ. @ 1 kHz
- Max. input level +15 dBu
- Type 1/4" TS connectors (unbalanced) or
- RCA connectors (unbalanced)
- Impedance approx. 120 ohms
- Max. output level +15 dBu
- Frequency response 10 Hz to 200 kHz, -3 dB
- Dynamic range 110 dB, 10 Hz to 22 kHz
- Distortion 0.003 % typ. @ 0 dBu
- Crosstalk < 80 dBu @ 1 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio 10 Hz - 22 kHz < 95 dB @ 0 dBu, a-weighted
- Type 9 analog stereo bands
- Control range ±6 dB or ±12 dB, switchable
- Bandwidth 1 oct.
- OTHER FEATURES
- Low-cut filter 75 Hz (12 dB/oct.)
- Input level control -12 dB to +12 dB
- Mains connection external power supply
- 9 V / 750 mA
- Mains voltage
- Dimensions (H x W x D) approx. 1 8/9" (48 mm) x 9 5/9" (243 mm) x 4 5/7" (120 mm)
- Weight approx. 0.86 lbs. ( 0.39 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.