- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Beyerdynamic M 160 Dynamic Double Ribbon Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 272028 000000000 272028000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Beyerdynamic is one of few microphone manufacturers worldwide that still produce ribbon microphones. The M 160 dynamic double ribbon mic brings you t...Click To Read More About This Product
Beyerdynamic is one of few microphone manufacturers worldwide that still produce ribbon microphones. The M 160 dynamic double ribbon mic brings you the sonic characteristics of classic ribbon mics with a modern twist. Thanks to the double-ribbon design, the M 160 has an ultra-fast transient response, which gives you superior detail while maintaining the smooth highs that ribbons are famous for. The M 160 is an outstanding microphone that's very effective for all types of remote and in-studio vocal reproduction. In the recording studio, the M 160 is recommended for miking string instruments such as violins, violas, cellos and for pianos, saxophones as well as for hi-hat and toms. It can effectively handle sound sources from pianissimo to mezzo forte. The non-glare black surface of the M 160 and its small dimensions allow unobtrusive use in TV or film studios.
When used in conjunction with the Beyerdynamic M 130 figure-8, double ribbon mic, the M 160's matched sound and hypercardioid polar pattern (side attenuation of 25dB at 110 degrees) makes it an ideal "mid" mic for recording in stereo with the M-S (Mid-Side) technique.
- Unique double ribbon microphone transducer
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Extended frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and rugged design
- Warm and natural sound
- Applications; Instrumental miking such as saxophone, miking of drums (toms, hi-hat), MS-stereophony with M 130
A very versatile addition to your mic locker. Order today .
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response (distant micing) : 40 - 18,000 Hz
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Side attenuation: > 25 dB at 110 degrees
- Open circuit voltage at 1 kHz (0dB = 1V/Pa) : 1.0 mV/Pa _ -60 dBV
- Nominal impedance: 200 ohms
- Load impedance: ‰ 1000 ohms
- Diaphragm: Pure aluminum
- Case/finish: Brass
- Connector: 3-pin XLR male
- Length: 156 mm
- Shaft diameter: 23 mm
- Head diameter: 38 mm
- Weight without cable: 156 g
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.