- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BLUE Dragonfly Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 279002 000000000 279002000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Blue Dragonfly Microphone employs an innovative design to offer you fine tuning and precise placement. The Dragonfly mic will please the most dis...Click To Read More About This Product
Like its insect cousin, the Dragonfly is fast, maneuverable, and beautifully engineered.
Tracks provided by SoundCloud
The Blue Dragonfly Microphone employs an innovative design to offer you fine tuning and precise placement. The Dragonfly mic will please the most discerning recordist. Combines ease of use that is without equal among contemporary microphones with a price that is considerably less than anything in its class. The Dragonfly mic is winner of both the 2001 TEC Award and an Electronic Musician's 2001 Editor's Choice award.
The Dragonfly is a unique pressure-gradient cardioid condenser microphone, employing Blue's hand-built single-membrane large-diaphragm capsule coated with a 6-micron mylar film of pure gold and aluminum. Enclosed within a rotating spherical grille, the capsule can be positioned and adjusted in the smallest spaces. Complete with an integrated elastic shockmount, the microphone's electronics are based on a Class-A discrete circuit, with a transformerless output. The Dragonfly mic's sonic character gives flight to everything from vocals to percussion, electric guitar and bass, as well as more difficult sources such as saxophones and stringed instruments.
Requires phantom power.
- Type of mic amplifier: Solid State Discrete class A
- Type of Transducer: Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz”20,000 Hz
- Rated source impedance: 50 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: not less than 1000 ohms
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa
- Signal to noise ratio: 69db (related to 1 PA at 1khz) Max.
- Sound Pressure Level for 0.5% THD: 132db
- Power Requirements: 48 volt phantom (DIN 45596, IEC8 15)
- Net weight: 640g
- Dimensions: 235mm x 45mm
- Connector: 3 pin XLR-type
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.