- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BSS Audio DPR-901ii Dynamic Equalizer
- Product 186308
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DPR-901ii is a 4-band parametric equalizer which varies the degree of equalization dynamically, as the program level changes. The process can be ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An incredibly versatile equalizer.
The DPR-901ii is a 4-band parametric equalizer which varies the degree of equalization dynamically, as the program level changes. The process can be thought of as frequency selective compression and/or expansion, but it is fundamentally different to simple 'frequency-conscious' dynamics processing as used for noise gating, de-essing and the like. It is also very different to the growing family of 'sliding filter' techniques used in single-ended noise reduction processors. A split facility allows the unit to be used as 2 separate 2-band units, and a side chain listen button allows monitoring of the filter setup.
Frequency selective compression is equivalent to applying CUT on a normal equalizer while frequency selective expansion is like applying
BOOST. However, the DPR-901ii can be more subtle as the process is dynamic: it will only occur above (or below) the threshold you have set.
Some possible uses for the DPR-901ii technology can be:
¢To selectively compress and/or expand, broad or narrow-band segments of program.
¢To de-ess and de-pop.
¢To add dynamic loudness control (eg. bass boost at low SPLs).
¢To control SPL in a dynamic and frequency conscious manner.
¢To enhance or 'sweeten' mixed programme.
¢To improve voice intelligibility (without risking howlround or feed-back).
¢To enhance low level vocals.
¢To correct for and/or guard against, bad microphone technique (by unskilled performers).
And in common with other units in BSS Audio's processor range, the DPR-901ii features:
¢Friendly rotary control knobs for all parameter adjustments.
¢Excellent low level resolution to maintain subtle musical detail.
¢Minimum phase and low group delay for any EQ setting.
¢High headroom >+ 20dBu.
¢Conservative drive capability into low impedances (down to 600 ohms) and long, highly capacitive cables.
¢Automatic relay controlled signal bypass if mains power is disconnected or fails.
Altogether, the DPR-901ii will not degrade a conventional high quality analogue signal processing chain, even when two units are inserted in
line with the composite stereo mix.
- A frequency sweep.
- A bell width.
- An IN/OUT switch.
- Compress/expand control.
- Compress/expand metering.
- Threshold metering.
- Time constants which are automatically controlled by dynamic and harmonic content of signal with selectable FAST RELEASE.
- Impedance: Balanced 12kOhm differential
- Headroom: +20dBv.
- CMRR: Better Than-50dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Connector: XLR3-31 or equivalent
- Impedance: Balanced and floating to drive 600 Ohm loads.
- Level: +20dBv into 600Ohm load
- Connector: XLR3-32 or equivalent
- Frequency Response: + 0.5dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, all sections bypassed
- Noise: Measured to CCIR 468-2. Less than -90dBv, all controls set flat
- Distortion: THD Less than 0.05%, 20Hz to 20kHz, SMPTE IM Less than 0.02%
- Operating Controls
- Threshold: Variable each band from +20dBv to -30dBv
- Comp/Exp: Variable each band from -30dB compression to +16dB expansion. Soft knee at low settings
- Below: Switched each band for below threshold activity
- Fast Release: Switched each band to disable second stage of two part automatic time constant
- Frequency Band 1: Variable from 40Hz to 320Hz
- Frequency Band 2: Variable from 150Hz to 1.6kHz
- Frequency Band 3: Variable from 800Hz to 9kHz
- Frequency Band 4: Variable from 1.6kHz to 18kHz
- Width: Variable each band from narrow (0.5) to wide (3). WIDTH control inoperative in SHELF mode
- Filter Shelf: Selects shelf response (BANDS 1 and 4)
- Filter Defeat: Selects broadband operation (BANDS 2and 3)
- Band In: Switches each band into circuit
- EQ In: Enables or bypasses the whole system
- Compression: 4 x 8 point LED displays showing compression activity. Scaled 1 to 8 for reference only
- Expansion: 4 x 8 point LED displays showing expansion activity. Scaled 1 to 8 reference only
- Threshold: 4 x 6 point LED displays showing signal level in dBv relative to THRESHOLD setting
- Output: Headroom indicator showing signal at -20, +10, +15dBv and clip
- Size: 482 x 44 x 228mm (19 x 1.75 x 9in) overall
- Weight: 5kg gross shipping
- Electricity Supply: Switched 120/220v + 10%-20% 50/60Hz