Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
MONITOR SR 5.1 Expansion To Monitor STfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
Add full 5.1 surround capability to the Dangerous Monitor ST.
Any surround recording or mastering rig should be upgraded with transparent monitoring and control. Think DAWs like: Digidesign, Apogee, Lynx, RME, Prism, Lavry, Benchmark¦ and reference monitors like: Dynaudio, Focal, Genelec, JBL, Tannoy¦
Perfect solution for home to commercial recording, post-production and mastering facilities. Bundle it with any surround recording interface, converter or monitors of choice.
Would you drive with a bucket of paint dumped on your windshield? Why monitor with band-pass filtering circuitry? The Monitor SR (with ST) provides mastering quality, transparent 5.1 monitoring via the worlds sexiest lossless remote control. Remember: The monitor path is the single-most important element in any studio. Every decision from mic placement to mastering is made based on what level of detail this component reveals. Do not cut corners here.
¢ Pair of ribbon cables to link the SR and ST together
¢ 1 shielded CAT5 cable for remote link
¢ Mastering grade components
¢ External power supply, cable
The Dangerous Music Legacy:
œAudio Integrity: non-negotiable. This is the credo upon which Dangerous Music is founded. Conceived and designed by end users”not by engineers in lab coats--the results are products that resurrect dynamic range, punch, intelligibility, and emotion. These high-fidelity, uncompromised signal paths are achieved by harnessing over 20 years of Chris Muths design wizardry; creator of infamous custom black boxes for world class facilities like Hit Factory, Masterdisk, Absolute Audio, and Sterling Sound Mastering. Then the critical listening skills of golden-eared luminaries are applied, with the result being musical tools that fulfill the actual needs of todays flexible DAW-based studio.
Audio Transparency: A virgin canvas for painting sonic landscapes utilizing your own personal arsenal of plug-ins and outboard gear.
DC-Coupled: No transformers that color your sound or filter caps that smear stereo. Instead, DC coupling with massive voltage rails and Mogami point to point wiring for simple, electronic elegance. Bandwidth from DC to light.
Hand-Assembled In USA: Avoids 6,000 miles of oceanic circuit board rattling, while keeping Americans employed.
Stringent Quality Control: An exceptionally low failure rate keeps you in the studio mixing, not at the UPS store shipping repairs.
Warranty: 2 years, because its built to last a lifetime.
- Analog stepped-attenuator volume control (hear those cool clicks?) “ pristine, accurate and repeatable. Shortcutting with DCA' or VCA' is cheaper, but sacrifices imaging and chokes the sound
- 4 input sources: Switch between your DAW outputs, DVD player, CD player, tape machines, etc¦
- 3 speaker outputs: Switch between up to 3 sets of monitors
- Programmable input gain offsets: Adjust for and store level offsets for different source devices
- Input-level compensation for “10dBV & +4dBu sources: Instantly adjust and store gain compensation for consumer devices (i.e. iPod or Mac out)
- Input 4 has continuously variable level offset: Compensate for commercial CD levels and perform true A/B comparisons. Don™t let œlouder is better fool you
- Programmable output level offsets: Fine-tune and store offsets to achieve equal apparent loudness on all your control room speakers- SR unit has continually variable level trims for L-R rear, center and LFE
- Assignable subwoofer output: Choose and store which sets of speakers to use with a sub
- Programmable subwoofer level offset: Adjust and store subwoofer levels, easily alternate between sub function and LFE function
- Selectable subwoofer filtering: Select and store subwoofer filter options for each set of speakers. Switch between full bandwidth for surround mixing and bottom octave only for stereo work
- Comprehensive speaker Mute and Solo: Easily mute and solo speakers in any combination
- Flexible stereo cue system with main and auxiliary inputs
- Make your performers happy with a great headphone mix or use the aux input as a Beep channel to monitor computer alert tones or click tracks on the main speakers
- Onboard cue power amp: 40 watts of loud clarity for headphone monitoring
- Talkback system with dual control and dedicated slate output: Give the producer his own talkback button! Easily slate tracks, or send the slate output to a powered speaker for open-air talkback
- SR unit has selected source output: Send source signals to meters or any other external device. You will hear the difference!
- Real World Application: Born out of necessity. Designed, tested and utilized by the industry' most critical listeners
- Hand Assembled in USA: Avoids 6,000 miles of oceanic circuit board rattling, while keeping Americans employed
- Stringent Quality Control: An unabashedly microscopic failure rate keeps you in the studio mixing, not at the UPS store shipping repairs
- DC Coupled: No transformers that color your sound or filter caps that smear stereo. Instead, DC coupling with massive voltage rails and Mogami point to point wiring for simple, electronic elegance
- Mastering Grade Components: Designed to mastering standards with mastering-grade components, tested to draconian tolerances, breathes the analog soul back to life for stunning imaging, headroom, punch and detail
- Warranty: 2 years, because it' built to last a lifetime
The monitor path is the single-most important element in any studio. Do not cut corners here. Order a Dangerous Monitor SR today.
MONITOR SR 5.1 Expansion To Monitor ST Specifications:
- Gain Tracking Accuracy: better than 0.02dB for 6 channels
- THD+N: 0.002%
- IMD: 0.003%
- Frequency Response: 1Hz-100kHz -0.1dB
- Crosstalk Rejection: > 96dB
- Nominal Input Level: +4dBu or “10dBV
- Max Input Level: > +25dBu
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labor, subject to inspection. Does not include damage incurred through abusive operation or modifications/attempted repair by unauthorized technicians.
- DIMS Boxed: 22"(L) x 17"(W) x 10" (H)
- Weight: 16 lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.