Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
D.W. Fearn Hazelrigg Industries VLC Single Channel Mic Pre EQ and DItrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
D.W. Fearn Hazelrigg Industries VLC Single Channel Mic Pre EQ and DI$3,400.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A powerful and elegant all-tube preamp/EQ combination.
Confidence that the tracks captured with the VLC will hold their own in the mix and deliver the emotional impact of the original performance. Confidence that tracks recorded on other gear can be brought up to the level of quality that today’s engineers and producers demand. And confidence that this can all be done quickly, easily and – most importantly – by ear. The VLC is simply a solution: an elegant, high-performance Preamp/EQ combo that delivers world class sonics while still being able to fit into the overhead bin. Confidence: to go. The VLC: The foundation of the VLC is the legendary Preamp and Power Supply design utilized in the VT series of Tube Microphone Preamplifiers from D.W. Fearn. Designed for sonic transparency and delivering incredible headroom, the VLC will produce stunning results with dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphones and will change the way that you approach your mic locker during a session. A rotary switch on the front panel will also select between Microphone, Instrument Input (DI) or the Balanced Line Level Input located on the back panel. The all tube DI path is ideal for acoustic instruments with pickups, electric bass, modular synths or any instrument that would enjoy a bit of D. W. Fearn magic, while the Line Level Input allows the VLC to be wired as an insert on your mixer or DAW for fast and easy “re-preamping” of tracks during production or mix down. This feature is the secret weapon of many VLC users and allows them to breathe new life into tracks received from remote clients or simply add a bit of extra mojo to a mix as needed. Moving beyond the input and gain sections, the VLC delivers powerful tone contouring in the form of a passive LC EQ. The bottom is handled by variable Low Cut and Low Boost controls while the top end is managed similarly with High Boost and High Cut dials. Each of these four controls features a two way High/Low Frequency Select switch for even more precise tone shaping. Beautifully musical - even at extreme settings - these controls encourage you to use your ears to dial in your tone while an EQ In/Out toggle is nearby to make it easy to check your work. Hazelrigg Industries VLC: The audio Swiss Army Knife that you should not be without
- Microphone/Line/DI Preamplifier; LC Equalizer
- Amplifier and Power Supply Designed by D.W. Fearn
- Transformer Coupled Input and Output
- All-Tube Signal Path
- Passive EQ
- Low Cut-Low Boost/High Cut–High Boost
- 2-way Frequency Selector for Each
- Custom-wound Inductor
- Dedicated Balanced Line Input on Rear Panel (Selectable from the Front Panel)
- Rear Panel Microphone Input
- Front Panel Microphone/Instrument Input (Redundant Microphone Input on Rear Panel)
- Locking +48V Safety Switch
- -20 dB Switch
- Polarity Reversal Switch
- EQ Bypass Switch
- 5 Year Warranty (90 days for vacuum tubes)
- Hand Crafted in the USA
Order the Hazelrigg today.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.