Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
EastWest The Dark Sidetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Download After Purchase
Inspiration for all composers and artists looking for something unique and different.
The Dark Side includes a vast, 40 GB collection, including dark and eerie instruments, and highly processed drums and percussion, basses, guitars, ethnic, keyboard, strings, and effected instruments, all organized into instrumental groups so you can create complete tracks.
Rogers and Fridmann not only tapped into a wealth of recording and producing experience for THE DARK SIDE, but had the gear to match. Many individual instruments were processed through 5 or 6 effects units, some of the vintage and esoteric tube variety owned by the pair.
THE DARK SIDE distorted and mangled instruments are designed to stand out in a mix, or to disturb the senses. With today's brick-wall limiting, distorted instruments may be the only production trick left to highlight instruments, a successful technique used often by Radiohead, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, etc.
- Produced by multiple Award-Winning producer Doug Rogers and Grammy Award-Winning producer David Fridmann (MGMT, Flaming Lips etc.)
- Many instruments have been purposely—and skillfully!—mangled, distorted, or effected out of all recognition (plus a selection of dark and eerie instruments).
- Easy to use browser displays all of your instruments. Interface automatically changes to display current instrument.
- Included are 40GBs of highly processed drums and percussion, basses, guitars, ethnic, keyboard, strings, and FX instruments and sounds, all organized into instrumental groups
Part of the award-winning EastWest library, take your compositions further than ever before!
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.