- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Electro-Voice RE50/B Omnidirectional Dynamic Microphone
- Write a Review
- #271227 000000000 271227000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Electro-Voice RE50/B is a specially shock-isolated, omnidirectional, dynamic microphone that was created for the most exacting professional appl...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The industry standard live interview microphone!
The Electro-Voice RE50/B is a specially shock-isolated, omnidirectional, dynamic microphone that was created for the most exacting professional applications. An advancement in shock-mounting techniques, it was designed particularly for handheld broadcast and sound- reinforcement use. All handling noise, clothing noise, and even cord shock have been isolated from the microphone element so that mechanically induced noise is greatly reduced. By use of a high-mass zinc internal acoustic chamber, shock mounted within the machined-aluminum outercasing, the RE50/B offers a degree of isolation unprecedented in omnidirectional dynamic microphones. The internal transducer uses a mechanical nesting concept all its own. Each part is nested inside another so that the transducer (head assembly) is nearly a solid structure. It is highly resistant to damage from shock.
The diaphragm is unaffected by temperature extremes and atmospheric conditions. A carefully designed integral windscreen and blast filter provides excellent protection from wind noise, excessive sibilance and annoying "P- popping." The RE50/B has a grille that bounces back to retain its shape. A four-stage pop filter prevents dust and magnetic particles from reaching the diaphragm. The RE50/B's attractive, nonreflecting, semi-gloss black finish is ideal for on-camera use.
- Ultimate news gathering microphone
- Extremely effective and unique handling-noise isolation system
- Unsurpassed ruggedness and reliability in every environment
- Self generating, no battery or phantom power required
- Consistent response with distance, no muddy lows when used close to lips
It's the mic for the job. Order today.
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Omni
- Impedance, Low-Z balanced: 150 Ohms
- Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Mic Type: Handheld
- Finish: Semi-Gloss Camera Black
- Case Material: Aluminum
- Weight Net: 269 g ( 9.49 oz )
- Dimensions (Height X Max Diameter): 197 x 49 mm, (7.76" x 1.93")
- Microphone Applications: Speech
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.