Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Empirical Labs EL-Rx DocDerr 500 Series Multi-Purpose Tone Module Vertical Faceplatetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Empirical Labs EL-Rx DocDerr 500 Series Multi-Purpose Tone Module Vertical Faceplate$889.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
500 Series channel strip from Empirical Labs.
The signal route begins at an extremely low-noise preamp capable of working with line level or instrument level signals, followed by four sections of EQ combining a two position high pass filter with three parametric bands, each with its own set of carefully tuned frequency presets. An internal jumper can turn the DocDerr into an un-paralleled instrument preamp with 16dB of gain, ideal for acoustic guitar, bass, synths, exotic plucked instruments, etc.
The versatile EQ is followed by a unique dynamics section which offers renowned Empirical Labs compression at an unprecedented price, and an extremely musical tape emulation circuit that softens and tames high frequencies and transient spikes.
One of the pivotal features of the DocDerr is the "Mix" knob, which allows you to blend the uncompressed EQ's signal with the compressed and saturated signal. This parallel compression technique, used by top recording and mixing engineers for many years unlocks a whole world of sonic possibilities.
Like all ELI 500 series modules, the EL-Rx is available with either horizontal or vertically oriented front panel configurations, and is "Linkable" for using our famous compression on stereo sources.
- Multi-purpose tone enhancement module for 500 Series racks
- Super low noise line input, or instrument preamp
- Six digitally controlled sections of analog processing
- Four sections of Equalization - One High Pass and 3 parametric bands
- Renowned Empirical Labs compression
- Saturation circuitry that scrunches the highs and allows hotter levels like tape
- Available with either horizontal or vertically oriented front panel configurations
Is your tone sounding weak? Time to call in the DocDerr, order today!
EL-Rx DocDerr 500 Series Multi-Purpose Tone Module Specifications:
- Frequency Response is 3 Hz to 180 kHz on eq section (-3dB points)
- Dynamic Range - 120 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output.
- Noise floor with Mix on 0 is typically - 91dBu
- Distortion Ranges between .0006% and 12% at 1KHz, depending on mode
- and settings
- DC coupled Input and Outputs, - High quality audio caps used internally
- Input Impedance is 120K Ohm, Instrument In Mode. 20K input impedance in balanced Line in mode
- Maximum Input before hard clipping - +22dBm, " Line In" mode
- Maximum Output - +28dBm (Mix = 0). Output impedance is 75 ohms
- Compressor Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is about 1mS. Release
- .2 sec, program dependent, fixed internally
- Power Consumption - 4 Watts max. 2 Watts typical with 16Volt power supplies
- Shipping Weight - 1.3lbs
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.