- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Focusrite MH441 ISA428 Pre Pack 4-Channel Mic Preamp
- Product 188214
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Focusrite MH441 ISA428 Pre Pack 4-Channel Mic Preamp is the perfect multichannel front end for any professional DAW or home studio. It features 4...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A modern classic with the stamp of Rupert Neve!
The Focusrite MH441 ISA428 Pre Pack 4-Channel Mic Preamp is the perfect multichannel front end for any professional DAW or home studio. It features 4 classic Rupert Neve-designed transformer-based preamps with switchable impedance and direct instrument inputs. An optional 8-channel 192kHz ADC, preceded by the new proprietary Soft Limiter circuit, provides the perfect path into your Pro Tools HD system.
This Preamp's topology benefits include superb common-mode rejection, an excellent overload margin, and with its shared gain structure (20dB from the hand-wound transformer and up to 40dB from the amplifier), an extremely low noise floor and super-wide bandwidth (10Hz to 200kHz). The MH441 design is the cornerstone of Focusrite's signature "warm-yet-transparent" sound and is a point of reference for any discerning audio professional.
In addition, the ISA428's input stage provides enhanced control and creativity, allowing you to switch among 4 carefully selected input impedance settings. The original ISA 110 setting is supplemented by 3 further impedance settings so you can perfectly match the preamp with any microphone and maximize level or use different settings creatively to shape the sound of the microphone being used. Should you need extra processing between preamp and conversion, insert points are featured on every channel.
The Soft Limiter opto circuit protects the ADC and is a new design from Focusrite. It prevents digital overs entirely while minimizing the undesirable distortion that standard limiter circuits often generate.
Finally, the new ADC embodies cutting-edge conversion technology encompassed within pristine Focusrite circuitry, providing 8 conversion channels of the highest quality at sample rates of up to 192kHz. Running at 96kHz allows for up to 16 (2X8, parallel) simultaneous digital outputs in addition to the 4 main analog outputs. Digital output options include dual AES/EBU, S/PDIF, and dual ADAT lightpipe. Full digital metering is provided for every channel alongside new moving-coil peak meters designed to catch even the fastest of transients.
A second analog unit can be connected using the 4 extra ADC input channels on the rear of the unit containing the optional ADC. This makes full use of the 8 channels provided on a single optional ADC and expands your front-end capacity from 4 preamps and 8 digital outputs to 8 preamps and 8 digital outputs.
With classic preamp technology, custom Focusrite input and limiting circuits, and the very best in A/D conversion technology, the MH441 ISA 428 Pre Pack raises the bar for multichannel recording solutions. It can also be used as an additional set of high-quality preamps for any analog or digital console or hard disk recorder.
- 4 classic Rupert Neve-designed transformer-based preamps
- 8 channels of cutting-edge A/D conversion, running at up to 192kHz and protected by proprietary optical Soft Limiter circuit
- Switchable impedance for unparalleled mic matching or extended mic creativity - includes the classic ISA 110 setting
- Multiple front panel instrument DI - no separate DI box required
- Analog insert points on every channel
- Rupert Neve-designed high-pass filters on every channel
- New moving-coil peak meters and full digital metering (dBFS)
- Transformer-based Rupert Neve ISA design
- Gain range:
- Line: +/-18dB
- Mic: 0 to 60dB (6dB steps)
- Inst: +10 to +40dB variable
- Input impedance:
- Line: 10kOhm
- Mic: Variable - 600, 2.4k, and 6.8kOhm plus original ISA 110 settings
- Inst: >1M ohm
- Analog performance
- Line: -96dB
- Mic: -128dB (EIN with 150 ohm input resistance at 60dB of gain)
- Line: 0.003% with 0dBu, 1kHz input and 20Hz-22kHz band-pass filter
- Mic: 0.003%
- Analog I/O connectors
- DI inputs: 1/4" jack (unbalanced)
- Mic inputs: XLR (balanced)
- Line: 1/4" TRS jack (balanced)
- Insert sends and returns: 1/4" TRS (balanced)
- Additional ADC inputs: XLR (balanced) line level
- Analog outputs: XLR (balanced)
- Digital output option
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF dual 9-pin D-types
- Optical ADAT lightpipe
- Bit depths: 16-, 20-, or 24-bit
- Sample rate options: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz
- Clock options: standard or 256X
- Meter: 0 dBFS = +22dBu
- Digital performance
- SNR: 120dB A-weighted