- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Focusrite Saffire FireWire Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- Product 245020
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Focusrite Saffire FireWire Audio Interface fuses state-of-the-art hardware with highly integrated software to take audio interfacing one giant st...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A new breed of FireWire interface.
The Focusrite Saffire FireWire Audio Interface fuses state-of-the-art hardware with highly integrated software to take audio interfacing one giant step closer to the professional studio experience with onboard DSP and 24-bit/192kHz processing.
4 inputs (2 digital and 2 with Focusrite preamps) and 10 outputs (2 digital) with unrivaled foldback and monitoring options ensure you have everything needed to navigate through a modern recording session: Focusrite build and sound quality, intelligent front-end design, cutting-edge compression, EQ, and foldback reverb software are all combined to guarantee an intuitive, trouble-free recording experience that results in superb sound.
The brand-new software accompanying the Saffire hardware is a revolutionary new platform from the team that produced LiquidControl and the Forte Suite. This seamless application floats comfortably over any recording software and allows extensive control over the sound of the recorded signals and the multiple (monitor and headphone) output paths.
Compression, reverb, amp modeling, and EQ Saffire-powered plug-ins are included. All 4 are also available as a suite of plug-ins from within the recording platform in use. Up to 5 separate user-defined stereo mixes can be created of all incoming signals and recorded tracks from the recording platform. With such comprehensive monitoring/foldback options and onboard high-quality signal processing and effects, the Saffire is truly the FireWire interface of choice for the serious recording engineer.
Focusrite' popular Saffire Firewire interfaces are fully compatible with Thunderbolt ports on Mac computers. All you need to connect the two is a FireWire 400-800 cable (included with all new Saffire interfaces later this year) and the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter (not included). Simply plug this into the Thunderbolt port on your computer and connect the FireWire interface “ it' as simple as that. Saffire interfaces are 100% compatible with Thunderbolt using this adaptor.
All Saffire FireWire and Thunderbolt-compatible interfaces now come bundled with Focusrite's Midnight plug-in suite for free upon registration. The Midnight plug-in suite models two of the most iconic Focusrite modules of all time “ the ISA110 equaliser and ISA130 compressor “ and gives them elegant, functional on-screen front panels for easy control.
- Ultra-low latency FireWire 400 interface with onboard DSP
- 24-bit, 192kHz integrated AD/DA converters
- 4 inputs; 2 Focusrite preamps and SPDIF I/O
- 8 balanced outputs for creating separate headphone/monitor mixes or 7.1 surround monitoring
- Suite of Saffire-powered plug-ins; compression, EQ, amp modeling, and monitor path reverb available on analogue inputs, for recording wet and/or monitoring
- Free accompanying software allows the engineer to create up to 5 unique stereo mixes of all incoming and recorded tracks
- Plug-ins also available for use within the user's software platform
- MIDI I/O
- Includes Cubase LE
- Compatible with Mac Thunderbolt ports with additional adapter (not included)
The pro studio experience at a projec studio price. Upgrade with Saffire today.
- To obtain the highest level of functionality especially at higher sampling frequencies, Focusrite recommends using higher CPU/clock speeds and more RAM
- OS: OS X 10.3.3 or later
- CPU/Clock: G3/800MHz, G4/700MHz
- G4/1.2GHz or higher recommended for 192kHz operation
- Memory: 256MB RAM minimum
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/XP Professional
- CPU/Clock: Pentium, Celeron or Pentium compatible processor 900MHz or higher
- Memory: 256MB RAM minimum