- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
- Write a Review
- Product 523334
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP is Focusrite's latest 16 In/8 Out FireWire audio interface, featuring real-time DSP-powered tracking and mixing solu...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A truly unique and necessary addition to your DAW.
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP is Focusrite's latest 16 In/8 Out FireWire audio interface, featuring real-time DSP-powered tracking and mixing solutions tailor-made for the modern home studio environment.
Alongside DSP-powered Compression and EQ for latency-free tracking and "comfort" reverb for vocal monitoring, is VRM; a Virtual Reference Monitoring technology that lets you hear your mix in different environments, through different speakers and from different positions, all just using headphones.
VRM makes Saffire PRO 24 DSP the only interface capable of simulating over one hundred different monitoring scenarios through your headphones. VRM overcomes the major obstacle for mixing with headphones by giving you multiple perspectives on your mix, as if you were listening through speakers. Indeed, noise levels from mixing through speakers can make it impossible for most to mix at home, especially late at night; with VRM, you can mix anytime, anywhere. Using any pair of monitoring headphones, VRM let's you choose your mixing environment from a living room, a bedroom studio, or a professional studio. You then simply choose where you are positioned in that room and what speakers you listen through.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP draws on twenty-five years of mic-pre excellence. The two Focusrite pre-amps capture every subtle nuance of your sound whilst ensuring low noise and distortion. Meanwhile, high-quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP's other real-time DSP-powered effects also exhibit Focusrite's uncompromising approach to audio quality. EQ, Compression and "Comfort" Reverb sonically derived from the 'Focusrite Plug-in Suite' (also included as VST/AU plug-ins) are all integrated within the Saffire Mix Control software, providing professional latency-free tools for tracking and monitoring.
Alongside the two Focusrite pre-amps are a host of I/O options; two additional analog inputs, six analog outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite's OctoPre), stereo SPDIF I/O and 2 virtual "loopback" inputs for routing digital audio between software applications - ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers accurate viewing of levels.
Saffire Mix Control, the zero-latency 16 x 8 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 24 DSP, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click setup solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as easily as possible.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP also comes with all the additional tools needed to start making music right away. These include the latest version of the Focusrite Plug-in Suite, which provides a significant upgrade from your standard sequencer effects. The suite includes Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live 7 Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters and 'Mike the Drummer'.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP combines two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps and a host of other I/O with VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring, integrated real-time tracking and monitoring effects, and easy-to-use mix control software. Together, they deliver the most comprehensive professional compact music-recording interface to date.
Focusrite' popular Saffire Firewire interfaces are fully compatible with Thunderbolt ports on Mac computers. All you need to connect the two is a FireWire 400-800 cable (included with all new Saffire interfaces later this year) and the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter (not included). Simply plug this into the Thunderbolt port on your computer and connect the FireWire interface “ it' as simple as that. Saffire interfaces are 100% compatible with Thunderbolt using this adaptor.
All Saffire FireWire and Thunderbolt-compatible interfaces now come bundled with Focusrite's Midnight plug-in suite for free upon registration. The Midnight plug-in suite models two of the most iconic Focusrite modules of all time “ the ISA110 equaliser and ISA130 compressor “ and gives them elegant, functional on-screen front panels for easy control.
- VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite Preamps
- Onboard DSP-powered, latency-free tracking and mixing tools
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire Interface
- Total I/O Count of 16 Inputs and 8 Outputs
- Saffire Mix Control Zero-latency DSP Mixer/Router
- Xcite+ Software Bundle
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix
- Front panel 5-LED metering
- Two dedicated front-panel headphone busses
- Bus-powered for a tidy mobile recording rig
- Dynamic Range (chipset) = 107dB
- Dynamic Range (Real World) = 105dB
- Clock jitter < 250 picoseconds
THD+N AMPL = -107dBFS 'A' weighted
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analog to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1dB
- THD+N: < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.004% (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- 2 x XLR Mic/Line Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
- 2 x XLR Instrument Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Instrument on inputs 1 and 2 only)
- Automatic switch of Mic / Line (inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument (instrument selected via the software control panel)
- Line inputs 3-4 have low and high gain settings can be controlled from the Saffire MixControl software (low gain being the default)
- Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 1 x 8 channel ADAT input on Optical Connector (SDPIF 3&4 set in preferences menu)
- 6 x TRS analog outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 2 x TRS stereo headphone output (headphone mix 1 same as outputs 3 & 4)
- Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 7-8) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- 1 x 6-pin FireWire socket
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU
- Weight: 3.5 lb. (1.6 kg)
- Dimensions: 1.8" (H) x 220mm / 8.65" (D), (215mm / 8.5" W x 45mm D )