- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 I/O 8-Channel FireWire Interface
- Product 241135
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 I/O is the ideal FireWire interface for music-recording enthusiasts on a mobile multichannel mission. It provides more i...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Impressive flexibility with lots of I/O and advanced control software.
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 I/O is the ideal FireWire interface for music-recording enthusiasts on a mobile multichannel mission. It provides more inputs and outputs with higher performance specs than any other interface in its class. You get eight award-winning preamps with sixteen channels of ADAT, and two channels of SPDIF (up to 192kHz) backed up by Focusrite's high-performance, 24-bit digital converters.
Saffire PRO 26 I/O is much more than just a high performance breakout box; the Saffire PRO package includes Focusrite's highly acclaimed Saffire plug-in suite, comprising EQ, Compression, Amp Simulation and Reverb, in both VST and AU format. The hardware features 2 headphones outputs and a global monitor control with mute and dim options, as well as two 'super channels' featuring variable mic impedance and instrument input, instantly accessible on the front panel.
The preamps featured in Saffire PRO 26 I/O are a derivative of the award-winning Green Series. This preamp design upholds the same high-bandwidth philosophy while boasting class-leading specifications. In addition, the converters adhere to performance specifications far beyond other similarly priced interfaces. As with all Saffire solutions, the unit can be either bus-powered or powered via an external power supply. The unit has also been designed to take full advantage of the external power supply and to maximize performance when powered in this way.
SaffireControl PRO software delivers a control application that avoids any annoying dropdown menus and provides comprehensive custom mix solutions. It also offers quick-select 'tracking' and 'playback' solutions, as well as both the float and shrink/expand facilities found in the original.
Saffire Pro 26 I/O also features MIDI I/O alongside a host of additional processing features. Two channels with DI are also provided, eliminating the need for a separate DI box.
Focusrite' popular Saffire Firewire interfaces are fully compatible with Thunderbolt ports on Mac computers. All you need to connect the two is a FireWire 400-800 cable (included with all new Saffire interfaces later this year) and the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter (not included). Simply plug this into the Thunderbolt port on your computer and connect the FireWire interface “ it' as simple as that. Saffire interfaces are 100% compatible with Thunderbolt using this adaptor.
All Saffire FireWire and Thunderbolt-compatible interfaces now come bundled with Focusrite's Midnight plug-in suite for free upon registration. The Midnight plug-in suite models two of the most iconic Focusrite modules of all time “ the ISA110 equaliser and ISA130 compressor “ and gives them elegant, functional on-screen front panels for easy control.
- The SaffireControl PRO software features many of the attributes of the original SaffireControl software, ensuring intuitive control over monitoring and level
- High Quality 24-bit/192k Bus-powered Firewire Interface
- 8 high quality Focusrite preamps with unrivalled A/D and D/A conversion
- Total I/O count of 26 inputs and 26 outputs
- Free suite of Saffire VST/AU plug-ins (Compression, EQ, Reverb, Amp Sim)
- 2 'super channels' with instrument input and variable impedance
- 2 separate Headphones buses on the front panel
- Free SaffireControl PRO software for advanced monitoring and level control
- MIDI In and Out
- Word clock In and Out
- Front panel Level, Dim and Mute controls assignable to all outputs
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 120dB (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: <0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.004% (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Clock sources: Internal clock, Sync to word clock on S/PDIF, Sync to word clock on BNC word clock input, Sync to word clock on ADAT1 or ADAT2 inputs
- A/D Dynamic Range: 110dB 'A-weighted' (all inputs)
- D/A Dynamic Range: 110dB 'A-weighted' (all outputs)
- Clock Jitter: < 250 pico seconds
Sample rate: 44.1 to 192kHz
- Mic: 8 x XLR on rear panel
- Mic gain: +13dB to + 60dB
- Line 1-8: 2 x 1/4" TRS Jack (front panel)
- Line 1-8 gain: -10dB to +36dB
- Instrument: As above, switched to instrument (inputs 1 & 2 only)
- Instrument gain: +13dB to +60dB
- Line level 8 x 1/4" TRS Jack
- Nominal output level 0dBFS = 16dBu, balanced, +22dBu globally switched with external PSU connected across all outputs
- Frequency response: 20Hz ” 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- THD+N <0.0010% (-100dB) (measured with 0dBFS input 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter, un-weighted)
Software switched hardware DIM ”12dB in output pairs 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
- Software Digital Volume control for all outputs
- All outputs are useable as monitoring outputs
- 2 x SPDIF (RCA phono) on rear panel (24-bit, 192kHz) Output transformer isolated
- 2 x ADAT In/Out (44.1 / 48kHz), 16 channels
- 1 x ADAT In/Out (88.2 / 96kHz), 8 channels S-MUX
- Word clock input on BNC
- Word clock output on BNC
- Firewire S400: 2 ports
- Power: Either via FireWire or external PSU (included)
- Headphone monitoring: 2 x 1/4" TRS Jack on front panel (mirrors outputs 5-6 and 7-8), high power headphone drivers
- Dimensions: 13.77"W x 1.77"H x 9.25"D
- Weight: 6.61lbs (3kg)
- Version 1.0 software allows input mixing at 44.1/48kHz and 88.2/96kHz (ADATS disabled). When ADATs are enabled, at 88.2/96kHz mode, the input mix functionality is no longer available.
- Mac: OS X Panther (10.4.8 or later)
- Comp: Mac series with on-board FireWire
- CPU/Clock: G4/800 MHz
- Memory (RAM): 256MB or more
- PC: Windows XP Home Edition/XP Professional
- Comp: Windows XP-compatible equipped with an IEEE1394/FireWire port
- 8 Analog Inputs: (mic/line/inst): 8 x XLR (mic/rear), 8 x TRS Jack (line/inst(1 or 2)/front)
- 8 Outputs: 8 x balanced TRS Jacks (rear)