Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Grace Design M101 Microphone Preamptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Grace Design M101 Microphone Preamp$765.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Single-channel, ultra wide-bandwidth preamp with special ribbon mic mode provides remarkable transparent audio quality.
Maintaining Grace Design pedigree throughout, the m101 employs balanced, transformerless, transimpedance circuit topology. With incredible bandwidth and headroom, the m101 is natural, musical and detailed, allowing engineers and musicians to consistently record vibrant, amazing tracks.
The m101 is equipped with a redesigned universal switching power supply that's dead quiet and accepts input voltages from 100 to 240V AC. The front panel is a tough black anodized/laser etched black, which ensures legibility and usability in varying light conditions. And all preamp functions have a dedicated indicator LED, including the 48V phantom power and HPF switch.
Built in as standard is Grace's unique Ribbon Mic Mode, which bypasses the input decoupling capacitors, raises the input impedance from 8.1kÎ to 20kÎ, and defeats the 48V phantom power, preventing damage to delicate ribbon mic elements. Ribbon mics, you're welcome.
The gain range is 10-75dB, including the additional +10dB of gain available with the output trim control. This provides ample gain for use of any type of microphone in any recording situation. The gain control is a precision gold-plated, 12-position switch, and the circuit path is built with 0.5% metal film resistors.
Included is a HI-Z input on the front panel. Rear panel I/O options include both balanced TRS and unbalanced TS 1/4" outputs, along with the standard XLR balanced out and XLR microphone in.
Equally at home amplifying a vintage condenser mic or a plugged-in acoustic guitar, the m101 delivers the kind of high fidelity performance previously available only to big budget recording studios and Grammy winning musicians. Add it all up while considering that the price is unmatched and the picture becomes pretty clear - the m101 is one little hot rod piece of pro audio gear for everyone from home recording enthusiast to top professional.
Note: For a truly outstanding sound and value, we suggest using the Grace m1011 with the CAD e300 condenser mic (see (#271261) for amazingly clear and detailed, yet warm-sounding vocals.
- Fast and musical transimpedance architecture
- Updated audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- New 12 position gold-plated rotary gain switch
- High performance output line driver amplifier and HPF amplifier
- Ribbon mic mode (also great for dynamic mics)- Relay bypass of phantom power decoupling capacitors, increased input impedance, and 48V lockout
- Wider 10-75dB gain range
- Enhanced RFI interference suppression
- Three output connectors: XLR balanced, TRS balanced and 1/4" unbalanced
- Bombproof laser-etched black anodized front panel
- Sealed gold contact relay for Hi-Z input switching
- Built in power supply / no wall-wart
- Led indicators for +48V, Ribbon mode, and HPF
- Five year warranty on parts and labor
- Made in the USA
M101 Microphone Preamp Specifications:
- GAIN RANGE (5dB steps)
- Mic input: 10-65dB
- Hi-Z input: -10-45dB
- Output trim control: 0 to +10dB
- @ 20dB Gain +20dBu out: <0.00085%
@ 40dB Gain +20dBu out: <0.0010%
@ 60dB Gain +20dBu out: <0.0050%
- INTERMODULATION DISTORTION
- @ 40dB Gain +20dBu out
- SMPTE/DIN 4:1 7kHz/50Hz: <0.0020
- NOISE - REFERRED TO INPUT
- 50 Ohm source: <-130dB
150 Ohm source: <-128dB
600 Ohm source: <-124dB
- 100Hz: >68dB
- 1kHz: >75dB
- 10kHz: >65dB
- PHASE DEVIATION (HPF off)
- 50Hz-25kHz: <6
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE
- Mic input @ 40dB Gain -3dB: 4.5Hz-390kHz
- Mic input @ 40dB Gain -0.5dB: 10.5Hz-140kHz
- Hi-Z input @ 20dB Gain -3dB: 2.5Hz-195kHz
- Hi-Z input @ 20dB Gain -0.5dB: 6Hz-74kHz
- Mic input: 8.1kOHM
- Mic input, Ribbon mode: 20k Ohm
- Hi-Z input (unbalanced): 1M Ohm
- Hi-Z input (balanced): 2M Ohm
- Balanced Output: 300 Ohm
- Balanced Output: 150 Ohm
- PEAK LED METER
- Green threshold: -14dBu
- Red threshold: +16dBu
- MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL
- 100k Ohm load, 0.1% THD: +25dBu
- WEIGHT and DIMENSIONS
- 2.4 lb. H1.7" x W8.5" x D9.0"
- 1.09 kg H4.3cm x W21.6cm x D22.8cm
- POWER CONSUMPTION
- 100-240V AC: 5 Watts Max
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.