- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Heil Sound PR-20 Dynamic Handheld Studio Microphone
- Write a Review
- 271010 000000000 271010000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Heil's PR-20 professional dynamic cardioid microphone is designed for commercial broadcast, recording, and live sound reinforcement applications. Smo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The PR-20 reinvents the dynamic microphone with wide frequency and transient responses approaching those of a condenser.
Heil's PR-20 professional dynamic cardioid microphone is designed for commercial broadcast, recording, and live sound reinforcement applications. Smooth, flat response over a wide frequency response. That, combined with an excellent transient response and low IMD, result in gorgeous, natural speech articulation without having to apply heavy equalization.
The PR-20's dynamic element is mounted into a special sorbothane shockmount system for extremely low handling noise. This low handling noise and the lack of bass-boosting proximity effect makes it ideal for professional uses.
The PR-20 achieves its exceptional performance by using a special magnet structure and a 1-1/8" aluminum, low-mass voice coil assembly. Special attention has been paid to the phasing plug assembly, with equally placed ports that sense out-of-phase audio from behind the source. The result is a very linear cardioid pattern, a reduction of the proximity effect, and smooth articulation across the mic's response range.
The PROLINE element is usable in extremely high SPLs and is immune to overload conditions.
Leatherette carrying bag, mic clip, and foam windscreen included.
- Large 1-1/8" aluminum diaphragm
- Wide frequency response
- Cardioid pattern
- Low handling noise
- Natural articulation
Beautifully smooth response and great vocal articulation without the hassles of a condenser mic. Call or click to buy now!
- Generating element: Dynamic with strong neodymium magnet assembly
- Body: Steel
- Frequency response: 40Hz to 18kHz
- Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Output level: -55dB @ 1,000Hz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, uniform front-to-back discrimination
- Diaphragm: Large diameter low-mass aluminum
- Matte black epoxy finish with stainless mesh grill
- Net weight: 14 oz.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.