Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Heil Sound PR 20 UT (Utility) with On/Off Switchtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A no-frills version of the award-winning PR 20-same sound but without the bling.
The PR 20 UT has been designed for recording, live sound reinforcement, and commercial broadcast applications. This is a very rugged microphone, making it ideal for professional use. The PR 20 UT achieves its exceptional performance by using a special magnet structure and a large aluminum 1-1/8" low-mass voice coil assembly. Special attention has been paid to the phasing plug assembly with equally placed ports that sense audio from behind the source entering them out of phase. This produces a very linear cardioid pattern and reduces the proximity effect while achieving the extreme articulation across its smooth, 50Hz-18kHz frequency response.
This new Heil element is usable in extreme high sound pressure levels, and is immune to overload conditions making it perfect for vocals. It produces a beautifully smooth audio response without the inconvenience of phantom or outside DC powering. This is one great live vocal mic that has finally replaced the "ball mic" of the 1970s. All Heil PR 20 UT microphones come in a leatherette carrying bag with mic clip, one stainless mesh grill, and an acoustical foam windscreen.
Bob Heil explains the difference
Heil Sound's president and founder Bob Heil explains, "The PR 20 is shipped standard with an abundance of accessories which includes interchangeable gold, silver, and black screw-on grill screens, plus a plush padded carrying case. While many customers appreciate and use these items, there is a large group of musicians, sound companies and contractors who need a simple 'one-take' PR 20. By streamlining the packaging, we can dramatically lower the price without one single alteration to the microphone itself. Think of the PR 20 UT as a PR 20 without the 'bling'!"
- On/Off switch
- Perfect midrange articulation
- Wider frequency range
- Great for miking snare drum
- Heavy steel construction
Get the sound of the award-winning PR 20 without paying extra for cosmetics and accessories you may not need.
PR 20 UT (Utility) with On/Off Switch Specifications:
- Generating element: Dynamic with strong neodymium magnet assembly
- Frequency response: 50Hz-18kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, uniform front-to-back discromination
- Impedance: 600 ohm, balanced
- Output level: -55dB @ 1kHz
- Output connection: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: Black with stainless steel mesh grill
- Weight: 14 oz.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.