- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Heil Sound PR 22 Noise-Rejection Microphone
- Write a Review
- #271319 000000000 271319000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Heil PR 22 represents completely redesigned dynamic microphone technology designed for a wide range of professional applications such as live sou...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Crystal-clear vocal reproduction at an affordable price.
The Heil PR 22 represents completely redesigned dynamic microphone technology designed for a wide range of professional applications such as live sound, commercial broadcast, and sophisticated recording. The microphone's wide frequency range and outstanding low handling noise outperforms the tired, 30+ year old industry technology and can withstand huge amounts of SPL. The end result is a microphone that can answer the call to any application. For example, the gorgeous upper mid range makes the PR 22 among the best live vocal microphones, while its outstanding frequency response and superb dynamic range suit it perfectly for use with a snare drum.
Since 1982, Heil Sound has been a leading manufacturer of communications microphones and has a paramount understanding of phasing. When properly applied, this knowledge creates outstanding cardioid patterns with unbelievable rear rejection that removes unwanted sounds that try to enter from the off axis rear. It's pattern control is outstanding. This exceptional performance is achieved by using the ideal combination of materials for the large low mass diaphragm and a special mixture of neodymium, iron, and boron that gives the PR 22 the strongest magnet structure available.
In addition to the special magnet structure, the PR 22 microphone achieves its exceptional performance by using a large 1-1/8" low mass voice coil assembly with a very unique internal sorbothane suspension system that has been designed to reduce undesirable handling noise. Special attention has been paid to the phasing plug assembly with equally placed ports that sense audio from behind, entering them out of phase. Thus, it produces a very linear cardioid pattern and reduces the proximity effect while achieving perfect articulation. This new Heil element is usable in extreme high sound pressure levels and is immune to overload conditions making it perfect for vocal and live sound applications.
- Generating Element: dynamic with strong Neodymium magnet assembly
- Exclusive HEIL Sorbothane isolation system
- Diaphragm: large 1-1/8" Low mass aluminum
- Polar Pattern: cardiod, uniform front to back discrimination
- Finish: matte black
- 3 mesh grills: gold, stainless and black
- Leatherette carrying case with foam windscreen and mic clip
Find out why everyone is talking about this microphone! Order today!
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 18,000Hz
- Impedance: 400 ohms balanced
- Output level: ”55 dB @ 1,000 Hz
- Net Weight: 14 oz
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear