- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Heritage Audio 1073/500 Preamp/EQ
- Write a Review
- J00698 000000000 J00698000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 1073/500 brings all of the components of the legendary Neve 1073 preamp/EQ to a 500 series format with absolutely zero compromises. Heritage Audi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The Neve 1073 in a 500-series format, with zero compromises.
The 1073/500 brings all of the components of the legendary Neve 1073 preamp/EQ to a 500 series format with absolutely zero compromises. Heritage Audio took notice of how many competitors were making concessions to fit their reproduction versions into such a small package, so they designed 1073/500 to be housed in a 3u wide module capable of holding all three vintage accurate transformers, dual concentric switches, pushbuttons and same exact PCB cards. The 1073/500 incorporates a 70dB Class A microphone preamplifier with a 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response and a high, mid, and low frequency EQ that can be turned on or off via the front panel button so you can choose to track with or without the desired EQ settings. You get exactly what the faceplate says, no downsized knobs, no transformers left out, no ICs in place of discrete class A circuitry, just a 1073 in a 500 series format.
- 70dB Class A Microphone preamplifier
- Frequency response :20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
- All of the same components as the original 1073 in a 3u module
- High, mid, low frequency EQ
- 10dB Class A Line Amplifier, Bridging input impedance, balanced and floating
- Class A, single ended, 2N3055 driven high headroom output stage
- EQ button switches equalizer on or off
Bring the legendary sound of the 1073 to your 500-series rack today!
- 70dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating. High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics.
- 10dB Class A Line Amplifier, Bridging input impedance, balanced and floating.
- Class A, single ended, 2N3055 driven high headroom output stage.
- High Frequency: +/-16dB shelving at 12 kHz, Baxandall type.
- Low Frequency: +/-16dB with selectable frequency shelving of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz, Baxandall type.
- Mid Frequency: +/-18dB peaking, fixed 'Q' , selectable center frequencies of 0.36kHz, 0.7kHz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz , and 7.2kHz , dual inductor based.
- High Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 50Hz, 80Hz , 160 Hz & 300Hz, inductor based.
- EQ Button: Switches the equalizer on or off.
- Phase Button: Flips phase 180º.
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for lo gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10KOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ohms.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBm into 600 Ohms, greater than +32dBu into 10KOhms.
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, Less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- Frequency response :20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB).
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.