- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
IK Multimedia iRig PRE Mic Pre for iOS Devices
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H82709 000000000 H82709000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
IK Multimedia has created a solution for integrating any type of microphone with any iOS device, and that solution is the iRig PRE. The iRig PRE give...Click To Read More About This Product
Plug any one of your favorite mics into this universal iOS preamp, and start recording.
IK Multimedia has created a solution for integrating any type of microphone with any iOS device, and that solution is the iRig PRE. The iRig PRE gives you ultimate flexibility in mobile recording with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, allowing you to connect any type of microphone from regular stage dynamic types, to professional studio-quality condensers, giving you an extremely wide range of options.
iRig PRE is the first high-quality microphone preamp designed specifically for iOS devices that allows musicians to use their favorite high-quality stage or studio mics with their iOS device. You simply plug-in your favorite microphone directly into the standard XLR connector of iRig PRE with no need for extra cables or adapters.
Its adjustable thumbwheel gain control allows the user to easily make precise level settings. The onboard 9V battery provides the necessary voltage for phantom-powered studio condenser microphones allowing up to 15 hours of continuous use. The 3.5mm (1/8") standard stereo headphone output allows monitoring while recording, and the lightweight housing sports a convenient cable for iOS device connection. The iRig PRE also includes a Velcro strip slot for easy mounting on a mic stand or other stage locations.
Like all other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder (an easy-to-use recording/editing app) and VocaLive (an effects processing app for singers). And like the entire range of iRig accessories, it's highly portable thanks to its pocket-sized form factor for recording anywhere.
What do I need to get started streaming?
If you are streaming stereo audio from a mixer, DJ set-up or anything with line-level output, the iRig Stream is an excellent option for your streams. This will allow for your signal to be sent into its RCA input and monitored through its onboard 3.5 mm headphone port. This headphone port will also allow a headset (CTIA/AHJ wiring standard) for narrating your performances.
For sending two balanced sources into iOS, like two XLR cables, check out iRig Pro Duo I/O. This powerful tool allows for two combo jack inputs (XLR and 1/4") for almost any kind of input to be sent to Mac/PC, iOS or Android.
If you're looking to simply stream your voice and no other signal, check out the iRig Mic HD 2 or iRig Mic Studio. These digital USB microphones will send a crystal-clear audio signal into an iOS, Mac/PC or Android device. If you use your own microphone, but just need a way to send your signal into your iOS, Mac/PC, or Android device, check out the iRig Pre HD.
Can I stream to Facebook Live, Instagram Live or other services using my iRig?
Yes. Apps such as Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Zoom Meeting and Facebook Live allow you to record/stream using both digital and analog iRig devices. Analog iRig devices use a direct connection to your mobile device's headphone port. This is usually through a 3.5 mm TRS connection. Digital iRig devices use a direct connection to the mobile device's USB-C, Lightning or Micro-USB port.
Note: Some apps will require you to start the video recording to activate your microphone. Not all apps will offer external audio input for every video capture option. In Instagram, the "Story" feature will not allow external devices.
Important: On iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod), due to the nature of Facebook and Instagram Live and how they capture audio, the below workaround can be used with iRig audio interfaces (such as iRig Stream, iRig Pro DUO I/O or iRig HD 2) to allow for an uninterrupted audio input source.
- Download and launch iRig Recorder 3 LE from the Apple App Store. This is a free app.
- Go to the Menu in the upper right hand corner and then go to Settings. Inside here, enable the Background audio option.
- Use the COG WHEEL in the main page to select your input source. Keep in mind this is only an option for multi-input devices, so if you see a greyed out "Mono" option, this is because your device only offers this kind of input signal.
- Launch Facebook or Instagram and go to the Live video function. The audio input will now be routed to these apps
Important: Android users must have a device which allows digital audio or external audio input from CTIA/AHJ wiring standard devices to allow for the iRig to work properly.
- 40 cm (15.75") TRRS cable to connect to any iOS device headset jack
- XLR input connector for microphones
- Gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- Headphone output
- On/Off switch
- Power/Phantom Power provided by 9V battery
- Battery life is approximately 40 hours with dynamic microphones and 15 hours with phantom powered condenser studio microphones
- Includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
Any mic, anytime, anywhere. Order the iRig PRE for your iOS device today.
- iRig PRE is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch (4th, 3rd and 2nd generation), iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2 and iPad. They all require iOS 3.1.3 or later.
- iRig PRE does not support 1st generation iPod touch models, due to their lack of a mic input.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.