- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Klark Teknik EQP-KT
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K47071 000000000 K47071000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With the EQP-KT, Klark Teknik pays homage to the legendary Pultec EQP-1A equalizer by democratizing the rare and expensive vintage device for the 21s...Click To Read More About This Product
A modern equalizer inspired by a vintage, studio classic.
With the EQP-KT, Klark Teknik pays homage to the legendary Pultec EQP-1A equalizer by democratizing the rare and expensive vintage device for the 21st Century. Borrowing the smooth musical sound from the classic unit, the EQP-KT can be used in all stages of the recording process—from tracking to mastering. At the heart of the EQP-KT is a vintage Class-A circuit design constructed from the highest-quality components—all of which meet or exceed the Pultec EQP-1A’s original specifications. This is just one of the many ways the EQP-KT offers precision and superb signal integrity.
Like the Pultec, the EQP-KT owes its characteristic warmth to a set of premium, hand-selected 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes. This time-tested combination provides low-noise analog output with the ideal balance of tight, warm bass, silky-smooth midrange and brilliant, airy treble.
Being a passive equalizer, the EQP-KT is also equipped with a bypass/EQ switch. This means that the signal level remains the same regardless of whether the EQ is switched on or not. This is useful when comparing a flat signal to an equalized one and many engineers have found that the audio can be enhanced simply by passing the signal through the device with the EQ switched off.
While Pultec may have written the book on studio equalization with the legendary EQP-1A in the 1950s, the EQP-KT affords modern audio aficionados the precise, tone-sculpting technology that has defined musical excellence for generations.
- Single-channel, two-band equalizer based on the classic Pultec EQP-1A
- Class-A, all discrete circuitry for highest signal integrity
- Premium selection 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes
- Custom-built MIDAS input and output transformers
- Switchable frequency selectors with up to 7 frequency points
- Independent boost and cut controls provide immense creative potential
- Variable bandwidth control for wide sound sculpting
- Inductor based equalizer section
- Bypass feature allows for A/B comparison
Get the sound and functionality of Pultec's classic EQP-1A Equalizer.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.