- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lynx E44 4 Channel PCI Express Card
- Write a Review
- J45770 000000000 J45770000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The E44 PCI Express card is designed to satisfy the most demanding professional recording and broadcast studio requirements. Built upon the legacy of...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Ideal for audio measurement and production, and applications requiring full audio spectrum.
The E44 PCI Express card is designed to satisfy the most demanding professional recording and broadcast studio requirements. Built upon the legacy of the industry-leading LynxONE and LynxTWO cards, the E series takes a leap forward to offer the highest performance A/D and D/A conversion system ever incorporated into a PCI Express card. The E44 is roughly the equivalent of the LynxTWO-A in a PCI Express format.
The E44 card utilizes sophisticated design methodologies to achieve high performance levels. Components are meticulously chosen to support low noise and distortion. Circuit topologies are compact and cancel external noise pickup. Capacitors with solid dielectrics provide high reliability and long life. Considerable effort is applied to PCB layout, which focuses on component placement and routing of traces, as well as copious use of copper planes for shielding and power distribution.
The power available from the PCI Express bus offers a particular challenge due to the lack of a negative supply rail, which is required to power analog amplifier stages. The E series utilizes a unique scheme to generate supply rails that are extremely low noise while being very tolerant of poorly designed computer power supplies.
The use of field-programmable-gate-arrays (FPGA) is another core technology pioneered for use in audio devices by Lynx. The E series uses the latest devices with a wealth of resources for parallel processing in our 16 X 8 mixer and V2 DMA engine which maximizes throughput on the PCIe bus while minimizing CPU workload. As always, FPGA’s allow for field-upgradeability to add features in the future.
- Four channels A/D and D/A conversion
- Four channels of AES3 or S/PDIF I/O
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Extremely low-jitter SynchroLock sample clock generator
- Fixed or adjustable trim level on all analog I/O’s, relay controlled
- Automatic output muting on power on/off (de-thump)
- FPGA-based on-board hardware mixing
- V2 DMA Engine promotes extremely low-latency operation
- Drivers for Macintosh OS X, Windows 7 & 8. Thunderbolt compatible.
- Lynx Mixer application
- RoHS compliant
- Designed and built in the USA
- Cables Sold Separately
Whether capturing or archiving, the E44 provides extreme accuracy and transparency. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.